Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The ONE Card You Wish You Never Sold...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
We've all done it. We've caved and sold a card we know we should have never moved. What is the one card that you wish you had never sold? Why?

Back in 2001 I was just getting back into the hobby. It was a great year with tons of product to bust, and great rookies to chase. I remember visiting the LCS of my childhood and just being in awe of all the new cool things that were added to the products. In that first trip back, I bought a box of 2001 Fleer Platinum and a pack of 2001 Fleer Red Sox 100th Anniversary. I made my purchase and dashed to my car to rip the pack open. What I found in that one pack got me hooked immediately. I rushed back into the shop to show off my pull.

6785918793_ff38b3f69b_z.jpg

Not serial numbered, but a stated print run of 100.

A year later I sold it at the Chicago National. I still look for it from time to time and would really like to pick one up again. I will always regret selling the damn thing.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Ultimate Collection Jackie Robinson/Pee Wee Reese Dual Patch /25
I think about it at least once a week and would trade most anything I have to get it back.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Strange, but I can't think of a card I really want back.

I sold a Ryan Braun blue ref. auto waaaaaaaaaaaay too early once, but that's about all I can think of.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
img026-1.jpg

I had to sell it, and I dont necessarily wish I never sold it, but if I could have one card back that I ever sold... it would be this one.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
This one well before the Oswalt trade and Halladay's magnificent 2010 season.
oswalttriauto.jpg

Plus 3 2005 Verlander Chrome autographs--including a Refractor and Xfractor. Good thing it was a couple years ago so it doesn't sting as bad.

This isn't my card, but this was one of my first autograph pulls. I either sold it or traded it, for god knows what.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TONY-GWYNN-2000 ... 500wt_1156

There certainly are others, such as some I sold too soon, but hey that's life.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Four way tie between: 1948 Bowman Jackie Robinson, Sidney Crosby SPA rookie auto, 2004 SPA Dual Auto Ichiro/Griffey #01/50 & the Pujols 2001 Donruss Signature rookie auto BGS 9. Still don't think there's many of the Pujols at that grade. Damn, now I'm sad.

~AJ

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
2005 (I think) Leaf Certified Mirror Black MLB Logo Torii Hunter.

1998 Bowman Chrome Golden Anniversary Refractor Michael Cuddyer. It got to the right person, but if I ever have a chance at another one, I'lll jump on it.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
I have a few. 2001 BC Pujols Auto /500(sold WAY too early), 2002 SP Jim Thorpe Cut Auto(his first ever cut auto) sold for over $10K, and 2002 Legendary Cuts Honus Wagner Cut Auto(money was too good).
Here is what the Wagner looks like. This isn't the exact one but similar. I got over $3K for mine. This one got $2430.
$(KGrHqFHJ!sE7yHsnE!EBPCINBv+5Q~~60_12.JPG

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
These were my best pulls ever, and I think I got off of them too quickly:

JeterGomexExquiste1of1.jpg

StrasburgMCGBGS95.jpg

I think I moved them to board members though, so it's not too tragic.

Members online