Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Some vintage pickups from the Local Card shop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
The Whitey Ford is stunning. The Cracker Jacks are very rare and glad I could get one of a 40 game game winner and Hall of Famer.
All the 1956 Topps look great.
602.jpg

6.jpg

601.jpg

502.jpg

501.jpg

402.jpg

401.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
cookie said:
how much did the CJ set you back? i wish my LCS had cards like that..

Too much. This shop gets in great stuff but you have to be there within a day or two of them getting it. If you dont the stuff is gone. I snatched up the CJ, Reese and Ford as soon as they were put out. A passed on a Cy Young T206 that had heavy creasing, a beat up Wee Willie Keeler T206, and others.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
bdal23 said:
cookie said:

Too much. This shop gets in great stuff but you have to be there within a day or two of them getting it. If you dont the stuff is gone. I snatched up the CJ, Reese and Ford as soon as they were put out. A passed on a Cy Young T206 that had heavy creasing, a beat up Wee Willie Keeler T206, and others.
How much were the T206's that you passed up?

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
Zan said:
bdal23 said:
cookie said:

How much were the T206's that you passed up?
The Cy Young ( arm showing) was $325 would have been a PSA 2 at best more like a PSA 1. The Keeler (bat on shoulder) was $75 and a PSA 1
For the Price of the Young I got the CJ, Whitey, Pee Wee and a couple 1956 commons.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
That Whitey looks beautiful, congrats. I wish there were any worthwhile shops near me. One in Cupertino is supposed to be pretty good, should find my way to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts