Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Podcast #2- Special guest, Brian Gray

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Ok all, its time for us to get working on podcast #2. Our guest will be Brian from Leaf and we'd like to see what questions you may have for him. We'll be recording on Tuesday, 2/7 so we're getting a little bit of an early start.

Also, what other topics would you like us to hit on?

Thanks everyone!!

hawkfandan

Aug 7, 2008
4600 North Chicago, IL
Most of us know BG from the board and his affiliation with Leaf and previously Razor, but don't know much else about him. How'd he get started in the industry? I think that would make for an interesting listen.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
1) I have heard from Brian that Valiant will return in 2012, any significant changes on the horizon in relation to quantity, parallels, or distribution method?

2) Will Metal Draft return?

3) Will there be any new, original (i.e. non-buyback) baseball products?

Thanks,
Erik

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
As I recall, there were some issues with the way Ink Baseball was released at the end of last year going to distributors only. At the time, Brian stated that there would be a "special" product early this year for direct buyers (like AIC). Any update on that?

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
What conversations, if any, has he had with Major League Baseball in regards to the possibilty of licensing being allowed for other companies besides Topps?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Not a question, but tell him I saw his movie this past weekend, and thought Liam Neeson was great.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
For future baseball products:
It's great to see original ideas, and that's a big draw to leaf. But will there be any set continuity such as Draft & Valiant (or Valiant type throwback insert homage sets). Something to build a following on and have this set produced year after year?

Not too far back, someone used to make Arizona Fall League sets. I haven't seen any produced by anyone in far too many years. With the talent pool there, and being considered a finishing school or minor league all star league, it would be a pretty cool checklist. Could you take a lunchbreak and meditate on the possibilities of an awesome AFL set? Maybe a standalone like USA, or 30-50 card insert set in another product? Autos? Gamers?

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
How about a wish-list for the 2012 baseball calendar. In other words, what should the manufacturers do to improve their products and the hobby in general. Good time to pontificate with 2012 Topps releasing.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Since Wes is the host, how about a discussion/interview between him and the other gentleman from the Prospect Project site to discuss/debate their prospect rankings released last week. There could be an array of topics discussed, such as

Who's overrated?
Who's underrated?
Who's expected to makie a big climb?
What teams systems are best/worst?
Who'll have significant hobby impact?

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
When/how did it come about that he wanted to have a career in sports cards?

How did he get started professionally in the hobby?

What is in his PC?

What is his favorite card all time?

How many people work at Leaf?

Will he ever be on Millionaire Matchmaker like the dude who created Benchwarmer?

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Any possibility of doing a "Heritage" style set using the 1990 Leaf set design?

Members online