Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pat Hangs Up His Bat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
It's not like it was getting much use of late.

Pat Burrell Retires
By Tim Dierkes [January 30, 2012 at 11:28am CST]
Pat Burrell is retiring, MLBTR has learned. We last heard from Pat the Bat in November, when the 35-year-old told the AP, "I have not decided yet, but I don't think I can play anymore [due to a chronic foot injury]. It hurts me to say that."

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Jaypers said:
It's not like it was getting much use of late.

Pat Burrell Retires
By Tim Dierkes [January 30, 2012 at 11:28am CST]
Pat Burrell is retiring, MLBTR has learned. We last heard from Pat the Bat in November, when the 35-year-old told the AP, "I have not decided yet, but I don't think I can play anymore [due to a chronic foot injury]. It hurts me to say that."

:lol: Well played, sir.

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
maybe now is the best time to sell my 99 blue fleer brilliants that I optimistically got graded back in 1999....I don't think his name will ever grace headlines again.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
exigussrex said:
maybe now is the best time to sell my 99 blue fleer brilliants that I optimistically got graded back in 1999....I don't think his name will ever grace headlines again.

Although I really like them both, I have to say much like nomar to the above post

Titans74

Oct 28, 2010
Never really lived up to the hype that was Pat The Bat. But still, a respectable career and all around decent guy. Can't say too many bad things about him. In this day and age, that's a great thing.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Titans74 said:
Never really lived up to the hype that was Pat The Bat. But still, a respectable career and all around decent guy. Can't say too many bad things about him. In this day and age, that's a great thing.

I'd overall pretty much say the same thing about his career, I definitely in no way could call him a bust though.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
BigAppleJak said:
Wasn't his Mystique one of the first big serial #'d Base RC's?

Plus you had to peel it off!

I remember them selling raw for over 150 dollars. He was my first real PC and it took me a couple of years to get one. I have a couple of boxes full of burrell rookies and auto's...

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I tried to force myself to like Pat. As the first big marquee rookie the Phillies had (not counting JD Drew) I chased a few of his cards. I never felt the connection and turned it into an actual collection, but I've got some nice 1999 and 2000 Burrells. And like that *puff* he's gone.

Latest posts