Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Topps Baseball Short Print (SP) Variation List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
cookie said:
i think i may have the Jose Reyes at hime.. what makes that card an SP

He is in the Miami Marlins jersey. He hasnt played for the Marlins yet. Albert Pujols has an Angels variation as well.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Looks like there are a bunch of SP variations, Latos even has one. With some guys it looks like there are multiples (Sandoval and Hosmer). I'm guessing the regular variations (like the Latos and Bell) will have a similar print run to the sparkles last year.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I think it's weak sauce that bandb are asking those kinds of prices for variations that are probably pretty common and not throwing in the base card.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
TNP777 said:
I think it's weak sauce that bandb are asking those kinds of prices for variations that are probably pretty common and not throwing in the base card.

Agreed.

weak.jpg

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
TNP777 said:

As a business, I think they should charge whatever they feel is the maximum they believe they can get for the card in the timeframe they want to do so in.

If people don't like there prices, then that is the beauty of a free market system, those people can purchase the cards they want elsewhere.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Buynhisellnlow said:
TNP777 said:
As a business, I think they should charge whatever they feel is the maximum they believe they can get for the card in the timeframe they want to do so in.

If people don't like there prices, then that is the beauty of a free market system, those people can purchase the cards they want elsewhere.
I agree with you - they should get whatever they can for these variations before the market gets flooded with them. I just think it's petty to go out of their way to point out that the $0.01 base card won't be part of the deal.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
TNP777 said:
Buynhisellnlow said:
TNP777 said:

I agree with you - they should get whatever they can for these variations before the market gets flooded with them. I just think it's petty to go out of their way to point out that the $0.01 base card won't be part of the deal.
If they didn't point it out some ****** would be wondering where their base card is and open a claim.

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
hofmichael said:
TNP777 said:
Buynhisellnlow said:
TNP777 said:

If they didn't point it out some ****** would be wondering where their base card is and open a claim.

Just include the worthless base card...but I'm guessing this may throw off Brent's set building numbers.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I think its lame that Topps is now pumping out SSP's like there is no tomorrow. When are we going to get the sitting on the toilet taking a dump SSP. The sitting in the hot tube SSP, the hitting on chicks in the stands SSPs.

I don't mind B&B making a buck as well but geeze you could offer both cards for 189 bucks you know.

morgoth said:
I think its lame that Topps is now pumping out SSP's like there is no tomorrow. When are we going to get the sitting on the toilet taking a dump SSP. The sitting in the hot tube SSP, the hitting on chicks in the stands SSPs.

I don't mind B&B making a buck as well but geeze you could offer both cards for 189 bucks you know.

I am with the other poster as well.
Probably throws the complete set tally off...

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Here is the complete list.
1 — Ryan Braun
35 — Eric Hosmer (dugout)
35 — Eric Hosmer (Gatorade)
76 — Ian Kennedy
93 — Skip Schumaker (Rally Squirrel version)
145 — Billy Butler
165 — Michael Morse
173 — Ryan Roberts
185 — Pablo Sandoval (vs. Pirates mascot)
185 — Pablo Sandoval (vs. Padres mascot)
188 — Bobby Abreu
215 — Freddie Freeman
256 — Mat Latos
270 — Starlin Castro
308 — Mike Leake
331 — Albert Pujols (Angels)
332 — Jose Reyes (Marlins)
400 — Robinson Cano
411 — Tsuyoshi Nishioka
421 — Heath Bell
450 — Justin Upton
470 — Howie Kendrick

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
This confirmed list right here deserves it's own thread instead of all the other thread

hofmichael said:
Here is the complete list.
1 — Ryan Braun
35 — Eric Hosmer (dugout)
35 — Eric Hosmer (Gatorade)
76 — Ian Kennedy
93 — Skip Schumaker (Rally Squirrel version)
145 — Billy Butler
165 — Michael Morse
173 — Ryan Roberts
185 — Pablo Sandoval (vs. Pirates mascot)
185 — Pablo Sandoval (vs. Padres mascot)
188 — Bobby Abreu
215 — Freddie Freeman
256 — Mat Latos
270 — Starlin Castro
308 — Mike Leake
331 — Albert Pujols (Angels)
332 — Jose Reyes (Marlins)
400 — Robinson Cano
411 — Tsuyoshi Nishioka
421 — Heath Bell
450 — Justin Upton
470 — Howie Kendrick