Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New O's signing of 17 year old Korean pitcher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
ballerskrip said:
17 and a sophmore in high school?

I was 17 and Freshman in COLLEGE!

:lol:

skrip, two things

in korea, sophomore is 11th grade

age 17 in korea = age 16 in usa. still have no clue how or why it's that way. i tend to age a year whenever i go back to korea to visit :?:

dave

Titans74

Oct 28, 2010
If it's reported he's 17, he's really 21. If he were from the Domican Republic he'd be 23. Venezuela, he'd be 26.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Titans74 said:
If it's reported he's 17, he's really 21. If he were from the Domican Republic he'd be 23. Venezuela, he'd be 26.

Little League World Series he'd be 12 :oops:
DANNY

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
daveyou said:
ballerskrip said:

skrip, two things

age 17 in korea = age 16 in usa. still have no clue how or why it's that way. i tend to age a year whenever i go back to korea to visit :?:

dave

If I am correct, many Asian countries consider the time spent in the mom as life.

Or to put it another way, when you are born, you are already 9 months old.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
TBTwinsFan said:
daveyou said:
ballerskrip said:

skrip, two things

dave

If I am correct, many Asian countries consider the time spent in the mom as life.

You are born on your 1st Birthday and thus 2 years old when an American would celebrate their 1st B-Day.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
George_Calfas said:
TBTwinsFan said:
daveyou said:
ballerskrip said:

skrip, two things

dave

whoa, thats interesting. is that only in korea?

You are born on your 1st Birthday and thus 2 years old when an American would celebrate their 1st B-Day.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
George_Calfas said:
TBTwinsFan said:
daveyou said:
ballerskrip said:

skrip, two things

dave

That's what I meant to say...

I don't remember when I learned that but I thought it was crazy.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
ballerskrip said:

I was a senior in HS. We had a few that were 17 when they went to college. I can't imagine. Remember in Korea they go to high school for 15 years.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
justinmandawg said:
ballerskrip said:

I was a senior in HS. We had a few that were 17 when they went to college. I can't imagine. Remember in Korea they go to high school for 15 years.

Part of me really wished I would have been held back, could have easily been 19 as a freshman in college. I gained 40 pounds in my freshman and sophmore years in college (muscle). Boy, I wish I would have had those years in high school dominating kids my age, or actually younger. Instead of always competing against older dudes....well anyways

Members online