Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Look out, Nick Castellanos is on the rise now...........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
usapatchy.jpg

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
I am super high on this guy and have a nice stash, I will clean up and put in new holders and scan them. I don't even know what I have, but it nice to know others think he is gonna be a stud.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
I've also been buying his stuff since release. It's weird how he's flown under the radar. Not having a Chrome auto RC might have contributed some.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
I truly believe he is the Mike Trout in 2012 in the Minors. With the signing of Prince Fielder and moving Cabrera over to 3B, I am assuming he will be some good trade bait. Maybe the Red Sox can get him, wishful thinking.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
thefasterblade said:
Next Longoria.

Although I like Castellanos and even have a stash of him, how does he comp to Longoria?

He doesn't seem to have or ever project to have (from any of my reading / research) near the power output of Longoria. In addition, while he has shown potential to be a very good defender, I haven't seen anything that would lead one to believe that it would be the caliber of Longoria.

So, while I believe Castellanos has the potential to be a very solid player, I believe that Longoria is far too lofty of a comp.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Buynhisellnlow said:
thefasterblade said:
Next Longoria.

Although I like Castellanos and even have a stash of him, how does he comp to Longoria?

He doesn't seem to have or ever project to have (from any of my reading / research) near the power output of Longoria. In addition, while he has shown potential to be a very good defender, I haven't seen anything that would lead one to believe that it would be the caliber of Longoria.

So, while I believe Castellanos has the potential to be a very solid player, I believe that Longoria is far too lofty of a comp.

i think he can develop into the plus power area but he's way too young to know that yet.

His buy in has been too good to pass up.

JustinVerlander35

Nov 1, 2011
Detroit
brauny said:
I truly believe he is the Mike Trout in 2012 in the Minors. With the signing of Prince Fielder and moving Cabrera over to 3B, I am assuming he will be some good trade bait. Maybe the Red Sox can get him, wishful thinking.

If anything this means they won't trade him. They aren't going to leave Cabrera at third until his contract is over. Castellanos should be up by 2014 to take over 3B and move Cabrera to a DH/1B again.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
JustinVerlander35 said:
brauny said:

If anything this means they won't trade him. They aren't going to leave Cabrera at third until his contract is over. Castellanos should be up by 2014 to take over 3B and move Cabrera to a DH/1B again.

I am talking myself into them trading Nick to the Red Sox :lol:

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Speaking as a Tigers fan, and Castellanos fan-I think some of you are a bit high on him. I like him, but I just don't feel that his prices are that much of a steal right now. Just my opinion of course, and naturally people will have differing opinions on stuff like this. Also, I have been trying to find a couple of Elite autos, but can't quite get any for the price I'd like. Hopefully that will change soon. At current prices, I am a bit indifferent to be honest.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
hail2thevictors said:
Speaking as a Tigers fan, and Castellanos fan-I think some of you are a bit high on him. I like him, but I just don't feel that his prices are that much of a steal right now. Just my opinion of course, and naturally people will have differing opinions on stuff like this. Also, I have been trying to find a couple of Elite autos, but can't quite get any for the price I'd like. Hopefully that will change soon. At current prices, I am a bit indifferent to be honest.

At between 16-20 dollars an elite base auto, there is no way they will fall from that. At least from my perspective, I wont let that happen...

:lol:

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
phillyfan0417 said:
hail2thevictors said:

At between 16-20 dollars an elite base auto, there is no way they will fall from that. At least from my perspective, I wont let that happen...

:lol:

I will not either, I bid $20 on each Elite Auto, so basically count it as a $20 or more auto.

AK11

May 24, 2010
castellanosEliteExtraEditionEmeraldStatusAutogmmt.jpg

I'd say 50% of his EEE autos do not fit on the sticker based on watching them on ebay. Also, not too many have been graded just yet.

Latest posts