Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Local Shop is Closing....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
....so where is the best place to buy boxes online? I've seen numerous websites thrown around on this forum. I've never purchased a box online and I would really like some 2012 topps.

Now my closest hobby shop is about an hour away :(

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
My top three are Blowout, Atlanta Sports Cards and Charm City Cards.

All have great service and prices. All also do free shipping over a set dollar amount.

I don't think you will go wrong with any of the ones people regularly talk about on here.

But...do NOT buy boxes or packs on eBay. You are very likely getting the leftovers after the case/box hit has been pulled. Go with a store that you trust (and the recommendations from the people here are a great place to start).

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
MisterT said:
My top three are Blowout, Atlanta Sports Cards and Charm City Cards.

All have great service and prices. All also do free shipping over a set dollar amount.

I don't think you will go wrong with any of the ones people regularly talk about on here.

But...do NOT buy boxes or packs on eBay. You are very likely getting the leftovers after the case/box hit has been pulled. Go with a store that you trust (and the recommendations from the people here are a great place to start).

Thanks for the tip on eBay - I was just about to ask about that.

saferseas

Mar 9, 2010
Portland, OR
I would try OC sports cards because you are on the west coast. You will get your stuff a lot faster. Most places like Blowout take over a week to get out here.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
saferseas said:
I would try OC sports cards because you are on the west coast. You will get your stuff a lot faster. Most places like Blowout take over a week to get out here.

And OC has a VERY reasonable rewards program too... :cool:

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
exigussrex said:
....so where is the best place to buy boxes online? I've seen numerous websites thrown around on this forum. I've never purchased a box online and I would really like some 2012 topps.

Now my closest hobby shop is about an hour away :(

Hey, I think I have mentioned this before but I am up in Paso Robles and haven't heard of a sports card store near me, the one you referring to wouldn't happen to be up near me would it?

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
The one I was referring to is in santa barbara. The owner is temporarily closed while he takes inventory. Definitely not buying new product. He's got a lot of unopened stuff from 90s and the 00s though. Not sure if someone is going to buy it an keep it as a card shop or use the space for something else. My guess would be that it becomes something completely different.....:-(

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
exigussrex said:
The one I was referring to is in santa barbara. The owner is temporarily closed while he takes inventory. Definitely not buying new product. He's got a lot of unopened stuff from 90s and the 00s though. Not sure if someone is going to buy it an keep it as a card shop or use the space for something else. My guess would be that it becomes something completely different.....:-(

He should convert half the store into a gaming store (depending on size)

EVERY card store should at least look at doing this if they are struggling.

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
I believe the owner is looking to retire or move out of the industry. I'm not close with him, but that's what I'm assuming. I'm going to take some pictures to immortalize it so maybe I'll post em up.

Members online