Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Silly Ripken error in 2012 Topps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
On the back of his Golden Greats insert card, the following is the first sentence:

"Ripken hit four walk-off homers, including one came when the Orioles were behind"

Certainly being the grammar police about message board posts is one thing, but COME ON TOPPS!

I'm assuming (hoping?) that they meant "including one that came when the Orioles were behind'.

Does this constitute an error card? It is a card, it has an error...

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Would not all of them be from when they were behind, hence a walk off?

Edit, nevermind, I suppose they could have been tied all other times....

Old Kentucky Shark

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas
So we're jumping on Topps for a one word grammar mistake now.

I'm sorry if I missed any sarcasm OP. If you're serious, then I'm sorry Topps ruined your card collecting experience with that error.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Oh it is quite in sarcasm. But I do miss the days when a) this would be the sort of error that Topps would correct in subsequent pressings (like Cal's brother) and b) Back's of cards carried interesting and well-thought out content.

It hardly ruins my hobby experience. But it is kinda irksome, I think.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Old Kentucky Shark said:
So we're jumping on Topps for a one word grammar mistake now.

ok. Maybe someone in the MLB licensing office also flunked out of high school! :lol:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
That would be the old school UER that Beckett sometimes shows (uncorrected error)...if there is a corrected one that may make value somewhere on either of the two.

Members online