Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does 2008 SPx Drive any other player collectors nuts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Austin Kearns has 22 different cards in the set.
So far I've managed to track down 15 different ones (along with one double).

scan0001.jpg

scan0002-1.jpg

I think this set will be my undoing :lol:
With that many variations it's really tough o keep track of why I have and what I need.
Anyone else have this problem with this set or another set like it?

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
It annoys me as well, but I think it's Upper Deck's fault. For Aaron Rowand, I own 19/22 of the Winning Materials cards and 3/4 of the Trios cards. I'm sure I've seen the Trios card that I don't have, but the three others that I'm missing are supposedly numbered to 20, 50 and 99. My guess is that they were never made, because every time one pops up I check it against the ones I have. I find it hard to believe that I could be missing a card /99, especially when I've seen multiples of other cards numbered to 5, 10, 15 and 20.

I'm missing:
Dual Position /20
Limited Patch SPx /99
Limited Patch Team Initials /50

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
mrwhitesox30 said:
It annoys me as well, but I think it's Upper Deck's fault. For Aaron Rowand, I own 19/22 of the Winning Materials cards and 3/4 of the Trios cards. I'm sure I've seen the Trios card that I don't have, but the three others that I'm missing are supposedly numbered to 20, 50 and 99. My guess is that they were never made, because every time one pops up I check it against the ones I have. I find it hard to believe that I could be missing a card /99, especially when I've seen multiples of other cards numbered to 5, 10, 15 and 20.

I'm missing:
Dual Position /20
Limited Patch SPx /99

I have these two J.J. Hardy versions:

Limited Patch SPx /99

However, I've never seen the Dual Position /20 either, so I wonder about that one.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
dp33 said:
mrwhitesox30 said:

I'm missing:
Dual Position /20
Limited Patch SPx /99

I have these two J.J. Hardy versions:

Limited Patch SPx /99

However, I've never seen the Dual Position /20 either, so I wonder about that one.

I went through this with JJ as well. That year was tough, because UD did virtually the same thing with Premier; not to the extent, but when it came to trying to track down all the good patches for JJ in 2008, you had 2 sets to compete with with an ass-load of variations.