Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So how much does this worth?

How much?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
[ebay:1fu7lkur]310376546019[/ebay:1fu7lkur]

I know the seller said he plans to redeem it, so he might just want to show it off. As a player collector, I'd love to give it a shot; in your honest opinion, how much do you think is this real gold 1/1 worth? Any thoughts are highly appreciate!

Thanks!

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
its 58% the value of gold per ounce .
so its worth that and whatever you think
adding his name to it helps.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I don't think these will sell as high (or have as much gold in them) as people think.

Also, did you have a few drinks before typing this thread? :lol:

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
For comparison, the diamond from the diamond embedded 1/1 cards increased the value at least ten fold.

But these cards aren't represented in the base set, normally parallels of inserts sell for less than parallels of base cards.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
boomo said:

The price of an ounce of gold is based on 24k purity. This card is not worth 58% of an ounce.

If you do the weight conversion to purity conversion for 58% of an ounce of 14k gold = $1028 * 0.58 = $596.24

This card would be worth more to a card collector than to a gold collector. I scrap and buy gold often and from a gold prospector's POV - I wouldnt pay more than $300 for this weight. From the card collector's POV - I wouldnt buy it at all.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
For comparison, the diamond from the diamond embedded 1/1 cards increased the value at least ten fold.

But these cards aren't represented in the base set, normally parallels of inserts sell for less than parallels of base cards.

I think these cards look nice, but has anybody questioned the diamond quality or why there is no certification for the stones in the cards? Because they are crap diamonds. I can go to the locate distributor and buy a dozen diamonds like those for under $250 (I just bought four .5 karat stones for a craft project that I am working on for my straight razors - I paid $76 with tax)

Its not like Topps went out and bought D- clarity, flawless, clear white stones. If they did they would have paid $2-8k per stone.

mr148927

Aug 8, 2008
boston
jumbojohnny said:
boomo said:

The price of an ounce of gold is based on 24k purity. This card is not worth 58% of an ounce.

If you do the weight conversion to putiry conversion for 58% of an ounce of 14k gold = $1028 * 0.58 = $596.24

This card would be worth more to a card collector than to a gold collector. I scrap and buy gold often and from a gold prospector's POV - I wouldnt pay more than $300 for this weight. From the card collector's POV - I wouldnt buy it at all.

Sorry, but I disagree with you on this one. Gold is selling at $1754/per troy ounce, for 24K, as of this morning. so for 14K you need to multiply 1754 x .58 .....Now you take $1754 X .58 = 1017.32. That is what the card is worth in gold.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
I use an actual stock priced calculator for current gold prices -

14K Oz = $968.61
http://www.midstatesrecycling.com/karat_kalc

Rather than debate on a subject, keep in mind that we are uninformed of the weight of the card. I cant find a mention of it in the item listing or on Topps website. Therefore the ounce price might be easy to determine, but without the actual weight of the card we cannot move forward in discussing the metal value of this card.

Honestly, I cannot see this card weighting an ounce, hell not even a half ounce.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Re: So how much is this worth?

Take a look at the sales of comparable football cards. I was keeping track of them last year when they debuted, but don't have the info at hand, so just going by memory I think Brett Favre sold for $3500, Peyton Manning went for $1800 BIN (although maybe I'm getting confused because he wears #18), lesser stars for about $1000-1500, and the smallest between $800-1000. It's tough to compare Aaron and Jackie Robinson to Manning and Favre but I think in a straight auction there's a certain obvious floor and a certain logical ceiling that would fall along typical pricing tiers. I can imagine someone paying $5000 for the Mantle, but I cannot imagine anyone paying $3000 for Aaron or Robinson.

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
ChasHawk said:
I don't think these will sell as high (or have as much gold in them) as people think.

Also, did you have a few drinks before typing this thread? :lol:

:oops:

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
As much as I'd love to pursuit this, I don't think I'll be able to meet the seller's price. I really appreciate all the thoughts as well as the votes. Learned something about the gold market in relate to this hobby though ;) :)

Members online

Latest posts