Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Edwin Jackson to the Nationals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Nationals To Sign Edwin Jackson
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [February 2 at 12:39pm CST]
The Nationals have agreed to sign Edwin Jackson, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com tweets. The deal between the Nationals and the Scott Boras client is pending a physical, Heyman notes.

The Nationals' projected starting rotation includes Jackson, Gio Gonzalez, Stephen Strasburg, Jordan Zimmermann and Chien-Ming ****. John Lannan and Ross Detwiler would provide depth, though Lannan is now on the trade block.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Considering Jackson is actually really good and Borus is his agent...I highly doubt it's for the right price but nonetheless a solid move

FromKoufaxtoEdwin

Aug 15, 2008
Great signing by the Nats. They have put themselves in a heck of a position to contend this year. i'm not the biggest fan of Gio Gonzalez (I think we'll see his numbers regress big time), but their rotation is really, really strong.

Also excited to see Edwin continue on his quest to play for every Major League team before he retires.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
19braves77 said:
Just give 3rd place to the Braves. Terrible off season for Wren :(

3rd place? Who are the Braves better than other than the Mets? Are they better than the Marlins?

The National League East continues to get more and more interesting and dominant. The Nats are certainly making some noise.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
BowmanChromeAddict said:
19braves77 said:
Just give 3rd place to the Braves. Terrible off season for Wren :(

3rd place? Who are the Braves better than other than the Mets? Are they better than the Marlins?

The National League East continues to get more and more interesting and dominant. The Nats are certainly making some noise.

The Braves could finish 1 game better then the Marlins and still not be the better team.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Braves need everything go right for them with everybody else outside of the Mets improving:

Chipper needs to stay healthy
Can Tyler hit ? Wilson can't
Will Heyward rebound ?
Will Freddie Freeman suffer a sophomore slump ?
How will Hudson's back hold up ?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Another very "sneaky good" move by the Nats. Especially with what's turned out to be a much better Stadium for pitchers than they thought it would be before opening.

That's a very Solid rotation!

Especially if Gio adjusts quickly to the NL, which I think his potential Cy Young stuff will do, and he will baffle batters, especially the first coupla times thru the League. Plus, they have a good bullpen leading up to my man Storen, who could arguably be the best closer in the NL.

Too bad they're in the NL East. They could win any of the other divisions IMO...

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Wow didn't see that coming! Nats have opened up the wallet and are looking to win....pretty solid looking team this year, I hope they do well.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Lookin' good!

Still don't like Chien-Ming, but looks like he's staying. Very happy with everything else going on.

Members online