Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Topps Retired Rings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I didn't know these were in the packs this year until I pulled one. Super thick card and very nice looking.
I got a Frank Thomas 289/736.
DANNY
12ToppsThomas.jpg

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Danny, does the 'ring' protrude from the top of the card, or is it level?

Whichever it is, I think it's a pretty cool insert. I saw the bandb had the set up with like a $500 BIN/BO - something like that.

edit: $510 BIN w/ $460 opening bid

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
The ring part is in an area sunk into the card, with the ring part rising about 2/3 of the way up. The ring part is metal.
DANNY

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
The down side is that it is thicker than a normal pack and the indention lets you know its there in the box.
DANNY

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
ChasHawk said:
dano7 said:
Mine was from a regular hobby box.
DANNY
that's not a smart move by topps

I thought these were jumbo only as well. The ones in hobby packs will be ridiculously searchable.
If they are like the hat patches from last year then they only fall one per hobby case.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
hofmichael said:
ChasHawk said:
dano7 said:
Mine was from a regular hobby box.
DANNY
that's not a smart move by topps

I thought these were jumbo only as well. The ones in hobby packs will be ridiculously searchable.
If they are like the hat patches from last year then they only fall one per hobby case.
This is correct...
1 per jumbo box and one per hobby case

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Maybe its painfully obvious or I just got woken up too early by a crying baby this morning but what's the significance of /736?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Brewer Andy said:
Maybe its painfully obvious or I just got woken up too early by a crying baby this morning but what's the significance of /736?
Don't know that there is one, but I do know I wouldn't be buying any of these right now and paying $30+ for them... :lol:

Members online

Latest posts