Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Legendary Cuts Quad Cut Pickup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m3equals333

Feb 1, 2012
NJ
Hey Guys - Just wanted to share my recent acquisition. I had to give up a heck of a lot to get it, but it was all worth it in the end.

Thanks for the look.

05 SP Legendary Cuts Ruth/Mantle/Foxx/Williams Quad Cut 1/1/. Card is fully authenticated by UDA, BGS, and JSA.

Quad_1-1.jpg

Quad_2.jpg

Quad_UDAuth_1.jpg

Quad_JSA_Blocked.jpg

Here is a couple Beckett ads the card is featured in!

BectettWanted0001.jpg

BectettWanted0002.jpg

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Nice card but as has been discussed before... bad job on UD for framing the auto's

"Mickey Mante" ::facepalm::

Tom

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Tom Oates said:
Nice card but as has been discussed before... bad job on UD for framing the auto's

Tom

Winner! I was wondering how long that would take.

AMAZING CARD!! I saw some of the stuff you gave up for it. I think I may have sold you the Staubach/Marino/Elway/Young quad auto. I can't remember which number I had but there is a 25% chance it was mine. :D

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
Tom Oates said:

Tom

More like Nickey Mante

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Wow. Awesome card. :eek:

I'm curious why it was slabbed by BVG instead of BGS. It's a modern card, but does the fact that the signatures are from vintage-era players make it BVG material?

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Such a beautiful card!!! Congrats on the extremely amazing pickup and whoever got the other end of the deal must be equally as happy :mrgreen:

Welcome to the boards again dude!!!

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
I can only think of two times since 2003 (back since the old BMB days) I've said this on any message board as I don't throw it around lightly but incredible card. Congrats on a pickup that would be the corner stone of most any collection.

m3equals333

Feb 1, 2012
NJ
shanks25 - haha, yes was my reaction the first time I saw the card! thanks!

Zan - Yes!, I was so surprised to learn this card was for sale as these cards don't come up too often any longer :)

TomMurry - I'm not sure whether to say thanks or you're welcome? hehe.

Russ S. - Right on!...j/k, lol.

ukbrian2011 - thanks brother.

Tom Oates - Yes, I agree, would have been nice if UD used a slightly smaller Mantle auto, but I'm sure it must be hard (and expensive) for them to find perfect size autos to fit all the cards. I think one of the most appealing aspects of the card is the fact that all the autos are on paper and in pen....makes the whole piece nice and uniform looking. As I am sure you have seen, some multi cuts have one auto in pencil on paper, one in marker on a colorful picture, etc etc....and look kind of sloppy. I actually own a Topps Sterling Mantle cut that fits the window perfectly, but is in a blue sharpie on a colored picture....I much prefer the Mantle pen/paper auto on the quad even if part of it is cut off.

jbrown - thanks, however I actually pulled the Marino/Elway/Young/Staubach quad auto from a case of exquisite ;)

csmtampa - yea, could have been better, but like I said above, it's not easy to make these cards with all authentic and uniform autos and fit the card perfectly. Not sure I have seen many quad cuts with all 4 autos fitting the windows perfectly...it's a tall order for any company to acquire all those cut autos in the perfect size, shape (and of course the most important, being authentic) ;) I am actually quite pleased with the job UD did on this card.

olerud363 - I was actually thinking the same thing myself, lol. I guess what you say is the most logical explanation.

Brewer Andy - hey course you do! I enjoy reading all the comments!

daveyou - LOL, was just watching WW yesterday. Haven't seen it in years....not sure how it was possible, but it got even MORE funny this time around!!!

Hwilensky - Much appreciated!

metallicalex777 - Thanks bro! Yes, I gave up a lot of goodies and cash to get it, but that's what the situation called for so I went with it :) I figure that most all of what I gave up was replaceable, but if I missed out on the quad I may never get a chance to own it again so pulled the trigger and met the guy at a Starbucks!

m3equals333

Feb 1, 2012
NJ
Buynhisellnlow - wow, great compliment, thanks so much! :D :D

padremurph - Much appreciated -- there are some amazing cuts out there, but I feel (or hope) this at least deserves mention alongside them : :p

scotty21690 - lol, again not sure if I should say thank you or you're welcome!! :mrgreen:

Weimer - Thanks brother!

Members online

Latest posts