Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Topps Shortprint List with pictures!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cparker94

Apr 17, 2010
Hello gang --

I have compiled a complete list of 2012 Topps Shortprints with pictures so all you have to do is sort your cards in numerical order and then look at my list of 22 known SP cards to find out if you have one of these hard to find cards! I hope this list helps you -- here it is:

http://www.mytoppscards.com/2012shortprints.htm

I just knew there would be some type of golden sparkle cards. No sign of anything like that this year as far as I can tell.

Well I am off to get some more Topps!

Happy collecting!

Craig from Texas

cparker94

Apr 17, 2010
Thank you Tom!

I think 22 SPs are all there are. 20 SP cards plus 2 SSP cards. I still can not believe the prices of the squirrel variation cards. Maybe the would hold their value a little longer if Topps made this SP an SSP.

Craig from Texas

TomMurry said:
Awesome, I was hoping I'd find a list like this. Thank You!

cparker94

Apr 17, 2010
I am sure they will update theirs. Right now, I believe the list is complete with 22 shortprints in series one. If anyone else sees any more out there, please make me aware of it. Thanks!

Craig from Texas

sebpoo said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155815&hilit=2012+topps+sp+list

dailywax is still missing a few cards on the list.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
a big thanks for your web resource, craig!

Thanks Topps! (for complicating things with variations so much in the last two years)

cparker94

Apr 17, 2010
Thank you Geordie and guys! I will go the same thing when series two rolls around.

Craig from Texas

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'm still waiting for another gimmick Topps threw in 2012 unannounced. Kind of like the Abe Lincolns, sparkles, etc.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
great list - amazing how much the SSPs are bringing - [phil:2cclwknr]190635076853[/phil:2cclwknr]

cparker94

Apr 17, 2010
You know, I was thinking the same thing. But then again I would think that some of these dealers that opened up to 60 cases would have found the gimmick by now if there was one to be found.

Craig from Texas

markakis8 said:
I'm still waiting for another gimmick Topps threw in 2012 unannounced. Kind of like the Abe Lincolns, sparkles, etc.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
cparker94 said:
You know, I was thinking the same thing. But then again I would think that some of these dealers that opened up to 60 cases would have found the gimmick by now if there was one to be found.

what has been the methodology (esp. Brent and Becca's)? Do they lay all the card number 1's down on a table in one stack, card number 101's in another stack, and have 330 total stacks over several tables and then flip thru the stack looking for photo variations?

Seeing how a lot of topps' variations are celebrations, I got to wondering if some of the ones I saw on some cards were normal or variation but I haven't followed up yet with the auction site to see if the cards were common enough to be the normal released card or rare enough to be a variation.

cparker94

Apr 17, 2010
I don't think that is their methodology at all. In hobby jumbo packs, the short print cards that are found are in the middle of the pack next to where the rest of the insert can be found. So it is easier to find the shortprints because of this. There are a couple of cards in the set that look like they could be shortprints because the player is celebrating but they are not. Jay Bruce immediately comes to mind as looking at that card one can easily assume that is a shortprint because he is celebrating with his teammates.

Craig from Texas

rsmath said:
cparker94 said:

what has been the methodology (esp. Brent and Becca's)? Do they lay all the card number 1's down on a table in one stack, card number 101's in another stack, and have 330 total stacks over several tables and then flip thru the stack looking for photo variations?

Seeing how a lot of topps' variations are celebrations, I got to wondering if some of the ones I saw on some cards were normal or variation but I haven't followed up yet with the auction site to see if the cards were common enough to be the normal released card or rare enough to be a variation.

cparker94

Apr 17, 2010
I did the same thing a couple of years ago with cases of Heritage. Although I did find a John "Jon" Smoltz SSP. :)

Craig from Texas

AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
After each 1/2 box I flipped through the back of the cards and compared the numbers to my list. Finding 3 cards out of a whole case had my eyes bleeding and my head aching. I will never do it again!

Members online

Latest posts