Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fish Tank Backstops!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Im assuming he doesn't like the fish tank backstops?? New ball park, new ideas to increase attendance is the reasoning i imagine? While its not going with Baseball history it kinda goes with the Marlins and Miami, Florida theme.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Fish tanks in the ballpark is one thing, having them right on the field of play is another.
ept_sports_mlb_experts-509241132-1276200236.jpg

Also, although I personally love this thing, I can see why some wouldn't. And I imagine the games where there are lots of homers it'll get tiresome. It's something like 80 feet tall.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Zch2jIMVtk

braden

Aug 7, 2008
I'll give Miami one thing: They went whole hog. The tanks, the jerseys, the logo, the clusterfuck in CF- in a vacuum, it's all stupid. But put together it's kind of endearing. Hideous, of course. But at least they've embraced it. Gaudi would be proud.

tropicaltwinsfan

Aug 11, 2010
Minnesota
I like the idea, but I'm not sure I like the location. Since they're in the $$$ seats, I don't know how the average fan is going to be able to enjoy them unless they have a set aside time before or after the game where anyone can be in those sections to see them.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I was always told at Petsmart (and by watching Nemo) it is bad to tap on the fish tanks. I guess a little tapping with my finger is far far worse than a 90 foul ball hitting the tank. Sheesh, if only I had known, I would have just hit the tanks harder so I didn't disturb the little fishies.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
After seeing the logo change and some of the design I have to wonder, is Miami trying to become the San Francisco of the east coast?

saferseas

Mar 9, 2010
Portland, OR
The whole thing....the new colors/logo, the home-run display, the fish tanks.....it just reminds me of a high-end strip club frequented by 80's coke dealers. :ugeek:

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
alexs64 said:
I was always told at Petsmart (and by watching Nemo) it is bad to tap on the fish tanks. I guess a little tapping with my finger is far far worse than a 90 foul ball hitting the tank. Sheesh, if only I had known, I would have just hit the tanks harder so I didn't disturb the little fishies.

I was thinking the same thing.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I kinda think it's cool, but it won't last for long. Some pitcher will complain that it's too distracting or some dude will end up breaking it.

I think their stadium is nice except for that large dookie over the outfield wall.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I used to go to a club in the city (Chicago) and it had the worlds largest fish tank bar. the whole bar stretched around the room in a square, it was all glass and you could see all kinds of fish and even small sharks, swimming around it. I thought that was the coolest thing. But note, I smoked a lot of dope back then, so alot of things were cool to me.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
saferseas said:
The whole thing....the new colors/logo, the home-run display, the fish tanks.....it just reminds me of a high-end strip club frequented by 80's coke dealers. :ugeek:

The brass poles are installed near the bleacher seats.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
When you dont have history, legends, and lore, you need glitz.

We got glitz.

And 2 World Championships in the last 15 years.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
As a Cubs fan, this saddens me. Lenny Harris has a World Series ring.

Mudcatsfan said:
When you dont have history, legends, and lore, you need glitz.

We got glitz.

And 2 World Championships in the last 15 years.

Lally1

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Pine Tar said:
I used to go to a club in the city (Chicago) and it had the worlds largest fish tank bar. the whole bar stretched around the room in a square, it was all glass and you could see all kinds of fish and even small sharks, swimming around it. I thought that was the coolest thing. But note, I smoked a lot of dope back then, so alot of things were cool to me.
Hahah this made me laugh out loud.

But I personally really like the look of the new stadium...very unique.