Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

No wonder Fleer got it wrong in 1981

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
116 current listings for Graig Nettles spelled incorrectly as "Craig": http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... Categories

Not to be outdone, here are 348 listings for Cal "Ripkin": http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=cal ... m270.l1313

There are 6 listings for Carl Ripkin: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=car ... m270.l1313

Are there any other misspelling as prevalent as Ripkin? I noticed there are a handful of listings that include both Ripkin and Ripken in the title, presumably because of the extra characters now allowed in listing titles.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I don't get it, I never have.

If you are listing a card on ebay, you have the friggin card right in front of you... :lol:

Although I have to say that before ebay updated their software, I used to get steals on cards listed as Andrew Dawson, and Andre Dawason.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Robin Young

Although, that's less common, again, after eBay got better.

And this may be unrelated, and I don't know why it annoys me; but it pisses me off when I type in "Bubba Starling" or "Bubba Starling chrome" into an eBay search, and eBay gives me the condecending "Did you mean 'Bubba Sterling', yada, yada, yada."

Screw you eBay, I know what I mean; YOU'RE the one who's wrong.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
/10 said:
Topnotchsy said:
Andrew Jones

I dunno, I think Andruw's parents are the ones who got that wrong.
Nice!!

hive17 said:
Robin Young

Although, that's less common, again, after eBay got better.

And this may be unrelated, and I don't know why it annoys me; but it pisses me off when I type in "Bubba Starling" or "Bubba Starling chrome" into an eBay search, and eBay gives me the condecending "Did you mean 'Bubba Sterling', yada, yada, yada."

Screw you eBay, I know what I mean; YOU'RE the one who's wrong.
lol

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
The player isn't as prominent but if you were a Jhonny Peralta colletor you could find some nice deals searching Johnny Peralta

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
that 81F is a biiiiiiitch to find in a PSA 10! grrr

also weird how Fleer only spelled it wrong on the back, like it was trying to be funny or something lol

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
There's no excuse for completely butchering a name like Maguire vs. McGwire, if you don't know how to spell it, don't guess. But typos happen. Yes I had the card in front of me, but even I, champion speller and excellent typist, once mislisted a 2005 Bowman Chrome Red Refractor Perdro Martinez.

I'm sure there are some Starling Castro hawks. It's like a Wheel of Fortune puzzle. Give me a B. I'd like to solve the puzzle: "Bubba Starling Castro"

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Mariano river
Mariano rivers

There was a seller for months who listed good mariano cards "rivers"

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Ryan Sandberg

Dave Windfield
Dave Winfeild

Don't get me started on Hensley Meulens. A good 50% of his listings are for Muelens.

It's almost a blessing that Terrmel Sledge didn't succeed in MLB!

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Won a few "steals" of Bill from Ripkin and Rikpen. Always thought the Rikpen was a fluke, but currently 2 on ebay speled lik that. Some people....

Members online