Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

prospects to look out for in spring training

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raysfan1031

Jan 24, 2012
The goal is to make a list of prospects to look out for during spring traing. There is no limit on how many players are on the list. Just add on to the list. put number on the list,name of player, and team.

1.) Matt Moore-Tampa Bay
2.) Bryce Harper-Washington
3.) Gerrit Cole-Pittsburgh

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
If Mat Gamel does anything of note, people will be so excited about the mere possibility of him making up some small part for Prince, he could see an explosion.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
raysfan1031 said:
The goal is to make a list of prospects to look out for during spring traing. There is no limit on how many players are on the list. Just add on to the list. put number on the list,name of player, and team.

1.) Matt Moore-Tampa Bay
2.) Bryce Harper-Washington
3.) Gerrit Cole-Pittsburgh
the yellow is hard to see if you have a color blindness

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
(All of the listed have been invited to Spring Training)

1. Rob Scahill
2. Tim Wheeler
3. Nolan Arenado
4. Chad Bettis
5. Kent Matthes

I put this according to the practicality, and probability of them getting a roster spot; right now, Rob seems like a sure thing - granted he doesn't bomb in SP.

socalyard

Feb 13, 2011
SoCal
I'd like to include Mike Trout on the list but either way, he will have a hard time making that crowded Angels roster. I'd love to see Jameson Taillon pitch this spring. Anyone know if he will be invited to the big club during Spring Training?

socalyard

Feb 13, 2011
SoCal
socalyard said:
I'd like to include Mike Trout on the list but either way, he will have a hard time making that crowded Angels roster. I'd love to see Jameson Taillon pitch this spring. Anyone know if he will be invited to the big club during Spring Training?

Never mind, I just found my answer on Bleacher Report (1/18):
"In addition, it was noted that Taillon will move up a level in 2012, and could start pushing his way up the ladder more quickly. Apparently, the Pirates plan to move slowly with him as they have not given him an invite to spring camp."

raysfan1031

Jan 24, 2012
In my opinion you can never have too many outfielder. If trout has a good spring training i think he will make the team.

socalyard

Feb 13, 2011
SoCal
raysfan1031 said:
In my opinion you can never have too many outfielder. If trout has a good spring training i think he will make the team.

True...and the good thing about Trout is that he is a great off the bench option to create runs via pinch hit or pinch runner.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
shayscards79 said:
Julio Teheran is going to dominate.... I'm banking on at least 15 wins this year.

BUY NOW!

This wouldn't be called banking. This would be called gambling. And a bad one at that.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
sheetskout said:
shayscards79 said:
Julio Teheran is going to dominate.... I'm banking on at least 15 wins this year.

BUY NOW!

This wouldn't be called banking. This would be called gambling. And a bad one at that.

I was being sarcastic, controlling market price via FCB. Joking though.

However, Julio will have a good year.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Wes said:
brauny said:
Aaron Hicks, Nick Castellanos, and Jason Heyward.

Stop it.

Please! I have never bought into the Aaron Hicks crap. Dude has NEVER hit enough to warrant being a big time prospect. Someone come talk to me when he FINALLY puts up some offensive numbers for an entire season.

Members online

Latest posts