Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best card you traded away away to add to your player coll.?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
I haven't shared a mailday in a while but one of my Top 5 most wanted Posada cards just arrived today from a trade so I thought I would :D

#1/5
posadaemerald.jpg

The trade also included this aparicio and $40, which i used to buy this posada auto that I needed /50 which then put me at 70 total autos!

aparicioretired.jpg
posadahonors50.jpg

This was one of those cards that I thought I would never find, let alone find one available. So needless to say I'm extremely excited to finally have this in hand! Now I only need the Gold auto/25 to complete the rainbow. (Maybe someone out there has one???? :lol: )

Anyway, the reason for the title of this post is because this is what I gave up:

maysfinestauto.jpg

I was really excited to get my first Mays auto a few weeks ago and, along with my Koufax auto, was the highlight of my HOF auto PC. Though in the end, I figured the Mays was replaceable and I would likely never see the Posada anywhere else. So my fellow player collectors, what is the best cards that you've traded away for your player collection?

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
THIS is what being a player collector is about!
Good for you. Its not always about the money. Sometimes its about the happiness you get when you add to your PC.

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
Awesome pickups!

I traded a Sandy Koufax 1998 Donruss Sigs Auto /2000 for three SSP Duchscherer cards and two Duchscherer printing plates. I don't regret it for a second.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
VERY NICE pickup on the Posada /5...those Emerald Green Mirror cards are eye popping to say the least. Congrats on the great addition even though you let some favorites go.

I will add mine...I had the 2007 UD Black true 1/1 Felix Hernandez auto. The card is one of the highlights of the UD Black set in my opinion as the card was a beautiful white with an embossed PURE logo. The auto is a sticker...but a sticker never looked so nice. Within the same trade was the Felix/Arod/Choo Mariners uniform triple auto I still miss:

2007 UD Black Felix Hernandez PURE Auto 1/1 and 2006 Triple Threads Felix Hernandez/Alex Rodriguez/Sin Shoo Choo auto /18:
yyy9-1-1.jpg
06TTTArodChoo9of18.jpg

Both went with a few other Felix Hernandez cards for the highest end trade of my life for this bad boy:

2004 Bowman Chrome Felix Hernandez Gold Refractor Auto:
rrrr13.jpg

Needless to say I am still happy to this day for the overall trade but I sure do miss the 1/1. The GREATEST thing about my trade situation is that I did the trade with my buddy Phil who is the other BIG TIME King Felix PC collector. I know it is with a GREAT collection and a very cool guy so it made the decision pretty easy...hopefully for him as well considering he had two of the gold refractors :cool:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Agreed LCM might be the greatest sets ever made! Honors was nice too! Great auto. I don't want to think about some of the awesome cards I either traded or sold to buy Cirillo cards I needed....

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I traded a Bundy AFLAC auto from this year's BDPP for the card below. It was a GREAT trade, b/c the Thornburg came to a Brewer collector and the Bundy went to a Baltimore collector.

TylerthornburgBowmanFuturespatch3of5.jpg

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
2011 bowman Bryce Harper blue auto
2007 turkey red arod chronograph auto
2010 Tristar pursuit auto manny banuelos
2010 in the game mike trout jumbo hat patch /auto

All of these I sold to buy a 2007 UD masterpieces dice-k box topper auto

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
Junior Griffey said:
$600 for that Jordan? I know his market is crazy and that's the first year of Exquisite (I think) but that seems high.

Ya I think it's the highest one has sold. Two others sold for $515 and $535 recently. All Jordan exquisites and older cards have been selling really well lately.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Not as big $$ as the other cards mentioned here, but back in 2002 I traded a 2002 UD Vintage Aces Nolan Ryan (had the orange stripe from the old Astros jersey on the swatch) plus at least a dozen Cardinals/Ankiel inserts for a 2000 Upper Deck Exclusives Gold John Olerud 1/1. The Ryan card I had pulled from a box and it was a beauty. At the time it had a BV of $120, while the rest of the cards totalled about $20-$30 BV.

Members online

Latest posts