Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did the Patriots let Bradshaw score?

Did the Patriots let Bradshaw score on purpose?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
The reactions from some of the Patriots players make me feel like it wasnt done on purpose.

Vince Wilfork throwing his arms up for example.

What do you think?

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
They let him score no doubt about it.
I'm not sure why they didn't do it two plays before that, but Spikes was going to hit him into the end zone if he didn't get in.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
It seems like letting him in was the smart thing to do, but Wilfork's reaction...

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Of course they did, I didn't even think it was in question. The only reason NE didn't allow them to score a TD sooner was because they were hoping to hold them to a FG. Once the Giants got closer and used more of the clock, they knew the only way they would even have a chance to win is to allow them to score so that they have time for their own drive.

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
I looked at my brother right before the play and said "I wouldn't be surprised if Bilicheck went ahead and let them score just to have some time left for his offense."
Yes, they let him score.
David

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I think Bradshaw messed up. But I do think the pats were on the verge of pushing Bradshaw into the end zone had Bradshaw had not fallen in -- in order to have as much time as possible on the clock for their final drive.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
mstng99tim said:
Of course they did, I didn't even think it was in question. The only reason NE didn't allow them to score a TD sooner was because they were hoping to hold them to a FG. Once the Giants got closer and used more of the clock, they knew the only way they would even have a chance to win is to allow them to score so that they have time for their own drive.

Time nailed it.

It's the reason Bradshaw admittedly looked so confused when he ran through the hole like there was a ghost. You are taught to go for the score on every play and you could tell by the way he acted he had to fight every urge to score, but could not help it.

A smart play by the Pats, it just did not have the ending result they wanted.

lawhs89

Apr 3, 2011
I am still of the opinion I would rather make a kicker make a 22 yard FG to win the Super Bowl then so on a 80 yard TD drive in one minute, two timeouts or not.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
lawhs89 said:
I am still of the opinion I would rather make a kicker make a 22 yard FG to win the Super Bowl then so on a 80 yard TD drive in one minute, two timeouts or not.

The percentages would say otherwise. It's a chip shot for a very accurate kicker. Odds of him screwing up are extremely slim.

Let them score and put the ball in the hands of the guy that got you there; Tom Brady. It wasn't the patriots defense that got them to the Super Bowl.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts