Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Golden Giveaway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
BoatsN304s said:
Anyone have a clue when the site will be running. Got some codes to redeem.

I don't know for sure, but I"m anticipating Feb 14th-15th as I think that's about when the sites went live in 2010 and 2011.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
James52411 said:
Topps should have this site up and running on the day Topps Series 1 baseball goes live. It is pretty weak not to do so.

Its probably a good idea that they hold off a week or two because this way there won't be the flood of users hitting their servers all at once immediately after the product is first released... after all base Topps is the most popular release of the year.

Same thing happened last year.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
uniquebaseballcards said:
James52411 said:
Topps should have this site up and running on the day Topps Series 1 baseball goes live. It is pretty weak not to do so.

Its probably a good idea that they hold off a week or two because this way there won't be the flood of users hitting their servers all at once immediately after the product is first released... after all base Topps is the most popular release of the year.

And by the same token a ton of the product is open and everyone is waiting to use their codes...so I'm not sure it's really better that it's late.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
BowmanChromeAddict said:
James52411 said:

And by the same token a ton of the product is open and everyone is waiting to use their codes...so I'm not sure it's really better that it's late.

I'm thinking you're not in a techonlogy-related or CS field :lol: Its usually good strategy to spread users/customers out.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
BowmanChromeAddict said:
James52411 said:

I'm thinking you're not in a techonlogy-related or CS field :lol: Its usually good strategy to spread users/customers out.

Actually that's my point. I don't see how a hard launch after everyone has their code cards in hand is a soft launch as you postulate. Everyone is ready to pounce on that website. Would have been more of a soft launch had it been live 3 days before the product went live. I'm actually in e-commerce, so yes, I'm in a website technology related field.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
BowmanChromeAddict said:
Actually that's my point. I don't see how a hard launch after everyone has their code cards in hand is a soft launch as you postulate. Everyone is ready to pounce on that website. Would have been more of a soft launch had it been live 3 days before the product went live. I'm actually in e-commerce, so yes, I'm in a website technology related field.

I'm just thinking most of the product/the greatest amount of product is opened immediately... using this logic if the site were up 3 days before the product went live this would have made for a very hard launch.

Members online

Latest posts