Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
img0003mdw.jpg

img0002mwe.jpg

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Some interesting stuff on ebay recently. Someone asking $1200 for their set of Bonds. Bernie Williams Diffractor selling for $3 at auction, then another selling almost immediately at $25 on a BIN. A Biggio Diffractor getting hit almost immediately at $25. A base Jeter selling for $20. A gorgeous Chipper Diffractor selling for a $27 best offer. A PJ selling for a $30 best offer after being listed at $80.

I just got my set in the mail yesterday. No Diffractors :mrgreen:

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
No... that will be next week... that was another interesting story... so won one of them on eBay and the guys messaged me after I paid and said "by the way, are you interested in other Belle Tek Golds"... obviously yes... long story short, we ended up putting together a HUGE trade for one additional Belle Tek Gold and the sole base pattern I need from '99 :D for about a dozen '99 base tek patterns he needed from my singles list! Another jackpot deal for me

Let's just say in one week I trip, fell and landed on a Topps Tek jackpot

Wish I was that lucky.Aren't the golds numbered to 10?Were you ever able to get ahold of the guy that went MIA?I was trying to work out a deal with him too.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Some interesting stuff on ebay recently. Someone asking $1200 for their set of Bonds. Bernie Williams Diffractor selling for $3 at auction, then another selling almost immediately at $25 on a BIN. A Biggio Diffractor getting hit almost immediately at $25. A base Jeter selling for $20. A gorgeous Chipper Diffractor selling for a $27 best offer. A PJ selling for a $30 best offer after being listed at $80.

I just got my set in the mail yesterday. No Diffractors :mrgreen:

$1200 for the set of Bonds Diffractors?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Wish I was that lucky.Aren't the golds numbered to 10?Were you ever able to get ahold of the guy that went MIA?I was trying to work out a deal with him too.

Got a reply last night or this morning. Don't have trade bait, so seeing if a sale will work... haven't heard back yet

elberson

Sep 13, 2012
Charlotte NC
yea....i can finally post. but yes thats me selling my 98 tek bonds set on ebay. i have 2 completed bonds sets and almost a third one. i need 25 more for the third set. here are my bonds needs 1..4..12..16..19..23..25..32..33..35..38..39..41..43..46..49..55..68..70..74..77..79..81..86..88 i also have two completed roberto alomar sets. i was big alomar and then bonds collector(back in the day, now mostly game used and autos) i picked up most of my bonds and alomars when the cards were selling over book and a half (01-08). most of the sets took me about 3 to 4 years to complete. if anybody can help, please do.

here are my only extra patterns, sorry i didnt collect anybody else from the tek set

glavine p33
biggio p26
Guerrero p52
Sheffield p7 and p25
palmetto p8
lofton p73
burnitz p17 and p22
mussina p49

maybe help for others looking for tek singles

beckett.com in the marketplace
ebay.com
checkoutmycards.com
sportsbuy.com

Last edited:

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Add me to the list of people wanting to get in touch with this guy. This is not togaman we are referring to, is it?

Did we ever find out who this person is? Again, I would like to get in touch with the guy as well, assuming it is not togaman as I already know what he has. Thanks!

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Did we ever find out who this person is? Again, I would like to get in touch with the guy as well, assuming it is not togaman as I already know what he has. Thanks!

I was hoping to find out who he is as well.He's apparently a mystery collector!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Connected with another tek collector who is sending me a few Belle base patterns I need and EIGHT diffractors!!! In return I'm sending him every '98 Tek card I have = 2 diffractors and nearly 70 base cards.

Lets just say I'm THRILLED :)

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Just a warning, although most of us can now identify Diffractors in a dark room. Looks like there's another epidemic of base Tek being listed as Diffractors. A Tony Gwynn buyer is going to be disappointed.

Speaking of Gwynn, what's the deal with all those lots of about ten Gwynns going for so much money? I had a lot of Franks up like that last year and barely got anything. The Gwynns I've posted on COMC have also sold quickly.

Members online

Latest posts