Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Sounds pretty cool. They even have the card backs. I wonder if the seller cut them up from a sheet. Let us know if the card is normal-sized. Wish he had a Rusty!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Sounds pretty cool. They even have the card backs. I wonder if the seller cut them up from a sheet. Let us know if the card is normal-sized. Wish he had a Rusty!

Yeah I'll scan front and back. Description says its slightly larger than a standard card so I'm guessing it came from a sheet too

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
1997NewPinnacleArtistsProofs.jpg
1998StadiumClubTriumvirateIlluminator.jpg
1998DonrussPreferredGreatXPectationsDieCut.jpg

1998CollectorsChoiceGoldSignature8.jpg

Dec 10, 2008
Really excited about this mail day, as the 1999 Topps Chrome HR refractors are really hard to come by. The Red Label is the Class 3 #'d/25, and I got a really good deal on it as the last one at auction went for $340+!

Red-Label.jpg

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Really excited about this mail day, as the 1999 Topps Chrome HR refractors are really hard to come by. The Red Label is the Class 3 #'d/25, and I got a really good deal on it as the last one at auction went for $340+!

Red-Label.jpg

Wow! Incredible pickups. I have never even seen a class 3 of Larkin. I was excited to pick up my first class 2 not too long ago.

Dec 10, 2008
Wow, awesome!!! You're PCis amazing... What % are you at nowadays?

Thanks a lot, I appreciate the compliment. I am not sure how many cards I have, I have never gone for quantity, just tried to always be a player in the rare cards when they come up for auction/sale. I would guess I have anywhere from 3200-3800 different. I think I'm missing around a dozen different from 1982-1997 besides 1/1's, which I actually have a fair amount of those too. I've been trying to scan and checklist so I know exactly how many and what I have, but always seem to be adding faster than I can scan.

Wow! Incredible pickups. I have never even seen a class 3 of Larkin. I was excited to pick up my first class 2 not too long ago.

Thanks! Those Red Labels are heavily set collected, and the Class 3 rarely seem available to player collectors for "normal" comparably priced cards. I'm really happy to have knocked this off the list. I still need the Class 2 Red.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Thanks! Those Red Labels are heavily set collected, and the Class 3 rarely seem available to player collectors for "normal" comparably priced cards. I'm really happy to have knocked this off the list. I still need the Class 2 Red.

You ain't kidding. Ive barely sniffed one. I don't remember even seeing a Cirillo and I've been nothing but a distant runner up on my other guys

adifran25

Aug 18, 2012
I guess your the one who picked them up from mrwally3? I saw the refractors sold for $60 each, and the red label sold for $80. ABSOLUTE STEALS!!! I bought a couple items off of him as well, but didnt look in time to get those. I would of definitely tried to get those refractors! But congrats on the steals and the pickups.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Sorry to beat a dead horse about the 1997 Score Hobby Reserve numbering, but I found out something interesting. I sent a complaint to COMC about a bunch of my Hobby Reserve getting renamed to Premium Stock. It's not their fault. Apparently a 2011 Beckett annual now lists Hobby Reserve as Premium Stock. In other words, they took their own error and made it worse.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Sorry to beat a dead horse about the 1997 Score Hobby Reserve numbering, but I found out something interesting. I sent a complaint to COMC about a bunch of my Hobby Reserve getting renamed to Premium Stock. It's not their fault. Apparently a 2011 Beckett annual now lists Hobby Reserve as Premium Stock. In other words, they took their own error and made it worse.

::facepalm::

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI

That's nothing new. The annual books always state, in the blurb under Premium Stock, "Second Series Premium Stock cards were called "Hobby Reserve"".

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
So I wonder where the pricing came from on COMC for Hobby Reserve? What does the annual price Reserve Collection at? Because on COMC the Reserve Collection parallels are still erroneously priced at less than the base :benson:

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
So I wonder where the pricing came from on COMC for Hobby Reserve? What does the annual price Reserve Collection at? Because on COMC the Reserve Collection parallels are still erroneously priced at less than the base :benson:

The annual guide lists the HR-prefix Hobby Reserves as a full set parallel (not just Series 2), and prices them at 15X base (which explains this: http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Cards/Baseball/1997/Score_Hobby_Reserve/HR1/Jeff_Bagwell/4277610, a card which does not exist). The Reserve Collections are described accurately, but priced at 12X base. That's certainly the same pricing on the RCs from back in 1997 upon release.

A while back, I raised the point with COMC that Beckett described the Reserve Coll properly, yet they were listing the HR Hobby Reserves as Reserve Collection (despite following the other wrong info from Beckett). They said they'd look into it, which I guess they finally did.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I haven't been posting much recently because I haven't been finding anything or haven't been bidding enough :mrgreen:

Got this for $6 dlvd. It was a PSA 9 until I cracked it:

PedroMartinezTitanium.jpg

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I haven't been posting much recently because I haven't been finding anything or haven't been bidding enough :mrgreen:

Got this for $6 dlvd. It was a PSA 9 until I cracked it:

PedroMartinezTitanium.jpg
Would love to find a Rickey!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Members online

Latest posts