Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cardcop on Leaf Wrestling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
*crazy ramblings* DISABILITIES *crazy ramblings* DONATE TO CHILDREN *crazy ramblings*

The guy is a broken record of insanity. I understand he's disabled - and I am sorry he's in that spot - but it's my opinion that he's a total quack. That, and he uses the "disability" line to justify everything... even when he buys cards on eBay, files a chargeback for items not as describe but then refuses to send the cards BACK after getting his refund. His excuse? Supposedly - his disability restricts him from return trips to the post office to send the cards back.

Giving any sort of credibility to cardcop takes ANY away that you may have.

Someone should tell him all of those hospitals he volunteers at have postal centers on site. He can kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
That guy is annoying as an itch on the bottom of your foot while your driving on the highway doing 70mph.

Ok, glad someone got that.
I can't believe the begging for free stuff all the time. I'm disabled, send me a box of exquisite!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'm not denying their authenticity, but rather the ability to sell these cards down the road.

this is leaf we're talking about. What resale value down the road? ;) I like some of the leaf products but they have horrible resale value - great for picking up singles, horrible for trying to get anything from duplicates.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'm CardCop(...) I cannot however make it to the Post Office to return anything that is damaged or was sent incorrectly as the Post Office is krytonite and I am disabled and can't make the extra trip.

hmmmm, has no issues getting mail from the mailbox or from the mail carrier yet has issues being able to mail stuff. (head scratching) He knows you can print postage online and give letters/packages to mail carriers or put it at your mailbox to be taken, right? No excuse not to return things in the mail.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
That's what I (and I'm sure others) find commical. He has no excuse to not return stuff. Print out online and the Post Office will even come pick it up. He usually dodges the reason and instead plays the poor victim who is trying to be a hero to every collector who has ever been wronged. All the while he is actually wronging others. Totally hypocritical.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
His reply to those of us who responded to his blog.

Same BS as usual.

Those who I help don't post in fear that they will get bashed by jerks like all of those who relied so far. Not ONE of you mentioned the topic of my post specifically!

This is the final time I'll state this: I was not fired by Playoff, I left on my own terms with all the evidence I needed to end them (which I did) and $10,000 that the owner gave me so I'd continue to be a resourse person for her company. I lived up to my end of that bargain until I decided to tell her that their third in command gave me a box with a good $20,000 worth of ON CARD Certified Autograph Inserts (the only thing I collect) and added "you'll help me if I need you for anything, right?". This of course was a bribe once they knew I was intercepting boxes headed for DACW with inserts that were supposed to be IN BOXES!

Leaf's owner is obnoxious to anyone who questions his huge ego. If ypou kiss his butt, he'll kiss yours. I DON'T KISS ANYONE'S BUT AND NEVER WILL & THIS MEANS IN-PERSON AS WELL AS SOME OF YOU HAVE FOUND OUT! I told him specifically that I was disabled because I needed to explain that I can't just go a card shop or show (like nearly ALL of you can!) to trade the common cards he sent me for the Daryle LaMonica (1967 NFL MVP) Autograph I was owed via redemption & purposely bought for my 1967 collection. LaMonica has very few on card autographs, hence they are way overpriced and not often seen on eBay. I only bid on auctions where I have a chance to get the card for appoximately 50% of LOW Beckett or the average LOWEST END eBay previous end auction prices. I'm on a very limited budget, so this is how I collect. Everything else I buy is to donate to hospitalized children. I work with someone who gets us money to buy cards to donate. I do all the buying to get cards that will hold their value and are as cheap as possible. Over the last four years I averaged buying $800.00 worth of ($5 or less) cards a week. THAT'S A LOT OF PURCHASES AND FROM A LOT OF DIFFERENT SELLERS. So of course there will be sellers angry with me because I know eBay rules better than most eBay employees and use this when I need to (when the seller is a jerk right from the start) and then sellers call me a scammer??? Most sellers take their anger out on buyers on eBay when most times it's the fault of the economy, eBay itself, price guides or card companies! If you don't know that then your head is in the sand. On that note, when I win a "NM-MT OR BETTER" eBay item and get a card that is obviously damaged (badly dinged corners or worse) and was not mentioned at all in the listing (and couldn't have happened during shipping) I get upset BECAUSE I'M DISABLED AND CANNOT RETURN CARDS! So I contact the seller as politely as is waranted & I politely ask for a partial refund (25% or less). That's why I tell eBay sellers I'm disabled. GET IT? If people just gave me a chance to explain myself and ASK ME QUESTIONS DIRECTLY FIRST, 99%+ never would have bashed me in the first place on any blogs/boards. But no one ever e-mails me directly even though I've posted it on every board I ever spoke on ([email protected]). They'd rather believe they are always right and post how I'm a scammer on every blog they can find and then there are the FOLLOWERS who don't know the first thing about me except what they read on these blogs- so they follow the leader. GEEZ- WHAT A BUNCH OF IMMATURE LITTLE CRYBABIES!

I'm done on eBay for good as of last week. I ended it on my terms and can still return any time I want, but I won't because I've had it with eBay and the attitude of sports card sellers towards buyers. So whomever thinks I'm a scammer can throw a party and can't blame me for being a scammer on eBay anymore as I continue to fight fraud in this hobby!

Here's my entire medical diagnoses (aso I'll never have to mention it again!):

1) Five massive disk herniations/ruptured disks in L5/S1 (low back) and C3-C7 (neck) with severe nerve damage including but not limited to bilatetral sciatica and multiple pinched nerves from the neck effecting the right top side of the body to the mid-torso.

2) General Myasthenia Gravis- Level 4. Symptoms include generalized severe weakness, and intermittent loss of function to random muscle groups (so far my lungs, face, arms, and legs). This disease can kill me at any time by stopping my breathing or my heart. A related thymoma tumor (mid chest) causing the blocking of most medications intended results. The thymoma helps build the immune system in children, but in normal people it is absorbed by the body. In those with active Myasthenia Gravis it grows massive in size (compared to it's normal tiny size) and can affect the way the immune system functions in several different ways.

3) Two heart attacks (minor lower right ventricular myocardial infactions) from a drug interaction. 70% block in the RCA.

Everything I have is inoperable because any anesthesia can kill me due to the MG.

In Sports Cards & Memorabilia eBay has become worse than it has ever been in terms of fraudulent listings. eBay told me and everyone else who helped them fight fraud to STOP DOING THIS in late 2009! That goes against everything eBay stated it stands for by it's creator and leaves NO OTHER way for fraud to be found. eBay does not look for fraud AT ALL! They rely on members to report fraud & those who break eBay's rules. I REFUSED TO STOP FIGHTING FRAUD ON EBAY & IT GOT ME SUSPENDED FOREVER IN 2010. Then I received two eBay Awards in the mail a week AFTER I was suspended forever for being a Top Rated Seller & a Top Rated Buyer: cardcop05??? Two days after I was suspended- I got a phone call from someone young woman (from eBay) who said she knows I was wrongly suspended and told me to just open a new account and only change my e-mail address. She told me that eBay loosened it's rules drastically to get more sellers to return to eBay regardless of what they did in the past to be kicked off for good in the first place. They did this because of the bad economy.

I have a blog about eBay on Yahoo, it's easy to find, Google: eBay Fraud. If I'm so wrong and I'm such a this, and such a that. Then why have I NEVER been sued?

James

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Why do you guys indulge this kind of dementia?

All that stuff with DLP is comical and there is no chance that anything remotely like this ever happened. Card companies just don't act that way and they never have.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I need to get involved with the Cardcop. THAT would be epic.

Also, need a Stephen Hawking / Cardcop debate on who has it worse, medically. Like a series of 6 three hour debates. I'd watch !

Members online

Latest posts