Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fleer Retro Is Live

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Fleer Retro was never about the autographs anyway. That said, like Prizm football I doubt Retro does as good as it's basketball brethren.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Fleer Retro was never about the autographs anyway. That said, like Prizm football I doubt Retro does as good as it's basketball brethren.

You sure about that?
Autographics are a big selling point with the retro sets, and like basketball, they screwed the pooch here with sticker autographs.
One of the reasons Autographics are so valued is the on card aspect, with stickers, it is just another product done with laziness.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
I like those Autographics. Good call on the years to bring back. The sticker kind of sucks, but I am used to it now.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
You sure about that?
Autographics are a big selling point with the retro sets, and like basketball, they screwed the pooch here with sticker autographs.
One of the reasons Autographics are so valued is the on card aspect, with stickers, it is just another product done with laziness.

Pretty sure everyone opening Retro is looking for the PMG's. Am I in the wrong thread?

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I would guess that the PMGs and big name autos are probably tied for the top of what breakers are looking for. I think you're right about it not doing as well as the basketball did, also.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Pretty sure everyone opening Retro is looking for the PMG's. Am I in the wrong thread?

I think it goes without saying that the PMGs are the chase card to hit, but they advertise 6 autos per box, pretty sure that qualifies autos as a selling point of the product.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Yeah, people banking on the success of basketball to propell this product should remember with horror what was Prizim Football. Football collectors won't spend thousands on Aaron Rodger inserts numbered to 25 with no auto. I wish the NFL or somebody would make them release sets within the calender year or by Jan the next year. We will have 2012 sets well into the summer now.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I think it goes without saying that the PMGs are the chase card to hit, but they advertise 6 autos per box, pretty sure that qualifies autos as a selling point of the product.

That's not the point.

If you ask any person what they want to hit when opening a box they are going to say a real nice PMG. That's why they are buying the boxes (just like basketball) and thus that's the selling point.

Basketball retro insert collectors are insane...this product will do well but not nearly as well ask basketball.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
It's comical that a 2012 release is coming out in mid-March 2013.

The companies are essentially maintaining a product cycle through a calendar year. They know collectors cannot afford to binge on every product at once. I actually appreciate this as a collector. Years back it was a long wait for new product. Now we get the late releases and the pre-draft stuff. I may never have to rip baseball out of boredom again.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
You sure about that?

As much as on card autos would help, if they were pro jerseys it would be that much better.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
As much as on card autos would help, if they were pro jerseys it would be that much better.

I agree, collectors are more apt to purchase college stuff at the beginning of the buying season not the end. SPA is tanking like crazy here because of that.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Looks like insane box prices like the basketball to me.

Why single sales look pretty weak to me so far. With 100 players in the PMG set it will be very hard to hit a good player so people will give up and just buy singles. I see one Lamichael James green going nuts but the Red Willson and RGII are still under 50 bucks with under 5 hrs to go and oh yeah No Andrew Luck!

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Why single sales look pretty weak to me so far. With 100 players in the PMG set it will be very hard to hit a good player so people will give up and just buy singles. I see one Lamichael James green going nuts but the Red Willson and RGII are still under 50 bucks with under 5 hrs to go and oh yeah No Andrew Luck!

Blowout isn't selling & D&A is at $320. Watch where they finish, 5 hrs to go on a one day auction is an infinity.

Latest posts