Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upper Echelon - Free to a good home, but you must pay it forward - Read Post #1 FIRST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
I'm going to put this one out there. If you guys feel this card isn't on par with the rest, let me know and I will take it down and add something else.

epic-signaatures-autos.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'm going to put this one out there. If you guys feel this card isn't on par with the rest, let me know and I will take it down and add something else.

epic-signaatures-autos.jpg

Great card and set... as for value, I think you're good... I'm seeing value $20 and greater for eBay sales.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=1953]Musial Collector[/MENTION] - I'm sure it's a pain in the a$$ but can we get the list updated?

All - I feel like I can raise the question because I have been part of the thread and have sent two items away, have one still up and have not claimed anything just yet...

Do you think there should be a time frame for when items need to or should be replaced? 3 months maybe? There are a lot of items that have gone unclaimed for a while, maybe replacing them with new stuff would change things up a bit and get others potentially participating?

Just a thought... still love this thread and think it's one of the bright spots/threads of the board :)

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
seems like once we get a few new items going then everyone jumps back in and it gets going strong. Ive been waiting for some new stuff to pop up to get this thread rolling again.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
New items are what will keep the thread rolling.

I think most people are eager to continue to participate but most want to wait for a card that truly fits their collection, which is why some nice stuff has gone unclaimed for a number of weeks. Perhaps the person offering said card up could change it out for something different, at their discretion, to keep the thread moving.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Upper Echelon --- Free To A Good Home --- Read Post 1 Before You Participate

I have some things to put up but honestly I'm waiting for the thread to be cleaned up a bit

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
So no one seems to want a Brad Miller refractor, I'm going to offer this if anybody is interested, it is numbered to 25.

Attachments

• jhay.jpg
    jhay.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 51

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012

Awesome card^^^^^^^^^^

wish I was a Braves fan. I'd jump all over that

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
New items are what will keep the thread rolling.

I think most people are eager to continue to participate but most want to wait for a card that truly fits their collection, which is why some nice stuff has gone unclaimed for a number of weeks. Perhaps the person offering said card up could change it out for something different, at their discretion, to keep the thread moving.

Totally agree here... to your first point, new stuff does get the thread rolling... to your second point, this is kind of annoying. I put stuff up and sent items away before I even claimed anything or saw anything I'd want... if everyone just waiting around for a card to pop up they wanted, we wouldn't get where we are today. I know you can't make people post cards first but we have to discourage people claiming a card who have a 0:0 ratio (posted:claimed themselves) and then they just throw a card up to justify the claim. Most people aren't doing this but just saying in general.

Also, refreshing cards that have been up for a long time I think would be helpful; especially if you're someone who has claimed more than you have actually sent away... it's self policing but if that's the case, you should refresh what you have up in the thread.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia

What do you mean by "cleaned up a bit"

Well I don't wanna be a jerk but there are instances of one and done claimers that never gave back, there is a pre worn tshirt up, old stuff that'll never be claimed. Maybe a post that contains everything that's available and some members to switch stuff out

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Well I don't wanna be a jerk but there are instances of one and done claimers that never gave back, there is a pre worn tshirt up, old stuff that'll never be claimed. Maybe a post that contains everything that's available and some members to switch stuff out

there is a list of items still available in post #1 but its not 100% up to date but pretty close. I do agree that some members should either replace their items or add some new stuff up for grabs.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

I also don't like the one and done people. Just annoying to have people troll the thread waiting for a card they want and when it spikes, they claim it and THEN decide to post a card.

I'd point people to rules #4 and #5 in the first post... #5 stats "ratio" and always being at least 1:1 but not having to post first BUT then rule #4 does stat that if your item isn't claimed in 3 days, repost it and if it goes another week, then you should consider replacing it because it is probably has little or no interset.

I'm not trying to enforce rules, etc. but I do think people should refresh stuff they've had up for a while, ESPECIALLY if you're behind in your "ratio" of items you've recieved from the thread versus items you actually sent away to people who claimed them. IMO that is the true ratio. I myself am 0 claims vesus 2 sent items with 1 item still up.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia

Why couldn't we just start fresh? If it hasn't been claimed by now, it probably won't be. Maybe we can all put up something new?

Fine by me and IMO I don't even care if everyone is square at an even number. But there is a huge lack of intent with some people in the thread. That's what might be holding it back

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I think it's clear that if cards from the list in thread 1 have not been claimed by now, they are not going to be claimed. I'd like to request that anyone who has something up that has been sitting for more than 3 weeks REPLACE it with another card IF they are BEHIND in their # claimed vs. # they have sent out (not posted, but sent out). If you claimed 3 cards and post 15 but had 0 claimed, you are behind 3 cards and should find three cards to post up to take care of the slack. Everyone needs to do their part to catch us up and clean this all up. I see it accomplishing a couple of goals: 1) It brings the thread back to life with new items. 2) Some of those new items might entice new people to get involved. Let's face it, this thread has slowed down dramatically and I think it is because it has gotten stale with the same old cards. Time to rearrange the offerings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts