Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 National Treasures Hit Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Oh frieken my! There was a time last year where I had thought about moving stuff to pursue on of the Knobs that were up as a centerpiece , this blows those away. Unfortunately I can't approach getting this. What's yours / anyone's estimate of a decent price ?

Ryan

It's so hard to estimate a price for this but this card has EVERYTHING going for it. It's 2002 and back in those days, UD had independent third-party authentication legitimizing the purchases that they made of game used items. I still fully believe in the authenticity of modern GU cards, but even the doubters of those would tell you this card is authentic. It also has the Babe Ruth full nameplate versus George; the bat itself has a lot of wear. I mean this card has absolutely everything going for it, I'd say as high as $20K? Maybe $25K? I couldn't see it going any higher than that and I think whoever paid that much would be crazy but I definitely think they exist because look at what the 2006 Sterling Gibson bat nameplate sold for and that bat wasn't even 100% proven to be authentically used by Gibson, just definitively proven to be a Gibson model bat.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
It will be a surprise!!

I'm going to take a guess and say you picked up one of the ones that that donut guy had up for sale. Either the Henderson, the Carter, or the Bench. My first guess will be Bench, followed by Henderson, followed by Carter.
Lol

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
I'm going to take a guess and say you picked up one of the ones that that donut guy had up for sale. Either the Henderson, the Carter, or the Bench. My first guess will be Bench, followed by Henderson, followed by Carter.
Lol

No sir. Its a card that hasnt been on ebay but i was able to get with a little help from my friends! I do have a couple.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
It's so hard to estimate a price for this but this card has EVERYTHING going for it. It's 2002 and back in those days, UD had independent third-party authentication legitimizing the purchases that they made of game used items. I still fully believe in the authenticity of modern GU cards, but even the doubters of those would tell you this card is authentic. It also has the Babe Ruth full nameplate versus George; the bat itself has a lot of wear. I mean this card has absolutely everything going for it, I'd say as high as $20K? Maybe $25K? I couldn't see it going any higher than that and I think whoever paid that much would be crazy but I definitely think they exist because look at what the 2006 Sterling Gibson bat nameplate sold for and that bat wasn't even 100% proven to be authentically used by Gibson, just definitively proven to be a Gibson model bat.

I've tried to track that sale of the Gibson , I can't find anything on it , or mention that it was pulled. What did that bring ? Same w/ Shoeless Joe , there was a barrel made of him as well correct ? Prime cuts , and not sure if there were others. If so I can't find data on that either , if you know and can share , please do.

In regards to the Ruth , it's about the perfect card if you ever wanted one. From the "genuine" you can see, to the name still being bold. If I could ever pull it off this would be up there on modern cards.

I get a kick of of the sellers last sale being a .99 Chris Duhon , to a $20000+ Babe Ruth.

Ryan

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I've tried to track that sale of the Gibson , I can't find anything on it , or mention that it was pulled. What did that bring ? Same w/ Shoeless Joe , there was a barrel made of him as well correct ? Prime cuts , and not sure if there were others. If so I can't find data on that either , if you know and can share , please do.

In regards to the Ruth , it's about the perfect card if you ever wanted one. From the "genuine" you can see, to the name still being bold. If I could ever pull it off this would be up there on modern cards.

I get a kick of of the sellers last sale being a .99 Chris Duhon , to a $20000+ Babe Ruth.

Ryan

The Gibson was sold privately; an amazing LCS by me on LI that closed down a few years ago, the owner knew the guy who bought it. The guy that pulled it was asking $50K I think they wound up agreeing for about $30 give or take a few K I can't remember exactly. I'm not sure about the Shoeless Joe barrell, but there was a knob sold I think last year on eBay it was an absolute steal price IMO I think it was $5,999 I can't 100% recall but I know some of the guys on here remember that sale maybe I'm wrong but again IMO that's an incredible price for that bat knob.

Ruth has other barrells out there (Triple Threads, 2002 Legendary Cuts actually has 3 different Ruth nameplates, Topps Sterling, I think others) but this is by far my favorite example. My next favorite Ruth is actually the Tier One knob, I'm pretty partial to bat knobs though.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The Tier One knob image and look is great , I just don't think the knob has any marking on it which I want on one personally. And yeah I just this Ruth looks better than the others I have seen.

It looks like Prime Cuts had at least two Shoeless , but I think Sterling was following up the Gibson w the Jackson but I don't see anything on it or an image .

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1422642682.504713.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1422642703.954627.jpg

Ryan

Last edited:

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
The Tier One knob image and look is great , I just don't think the knob has any marking on it which I want on one personally. And yeah I just this Ruth looks better than the others I have seen.

It looks like Prime Cuts had at least to Shoeless , but I think Sterling was following up the Gibson w the Jackson but I don't see anything on it or an image .

View attachment 45708
View attachment 45709

Ryan

Looks to be the same bat used for the knob from NT - the shade of dark brown looks identical to me so that would make sense. I'd obviously love to own either (obviously lol), but might actually prefer the knob believe it or not.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
No sir. Its a card that hasnt been on ebay but i was able to get with a little help from my friends! I do have a couple.

If you've got any HOFers or veterans or anything like that that you'd like to hear an offer on let me know. I've actually got my eye on one as well but I think the chances of me winning are under 10%. Not emotionally invested enough in it lol

A_Pharis

i may be alone on this, but something about that Ruth doesn't seem right to me. Maybe it's common of the release, but the top of the UD logo looks cut off. The top left edge looks massively miscut, too. Maybe it's because I'm on my phone, but I wouldn't touch it.

Members online

No members online now.