Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Topps Base Design

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I like it!

How are they going to do the dozens of color parallels without borders though?

1439308876649.jpg

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
The parallels in the base set and with Topps Chrome could be color variations in the "cloudy" white space to the upper right and lower left maybe. If they also stamped the player name in foil it would be nice since it looks like it's not foil in the base card and that would help to make them stand out.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Interesting...I like it a lot, but I also enjoy putting together the Topps Black parallel set every year, so curious to see what they do with that. But Acetate's have kind of trumped Black for me lately, and those would look great with this design. Pretty excited!

I'd be good with the TC colors being in that cloudy area- though frankly they could just slap a border around the parallels still and call it a day. Would be pretty nice to see them go back to Bowman Chrome circa 2004 when it was the actual inside of the card that had the color and not just the border.

A_Pharis

It looks good on that card because of the way Posey is positioned. Will all cards have the white "smoke" in the same exact spot or will it vary with how the player pictured is positioned? Gotta' be honest... I'd like it more with a bit less of the "smoke" and making sure is was consistently in the same spot on each card without obstructing the player's image.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I like the design. Gives it more of an up to date feel rather than bland white border with the similar border year after year.

I think the colored parallels will be with either the bottom right corner or the blurred background will be different like the 'orange day glow' is in Archives.

Just my thoughts.

Fordman

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
Looks like Topps 2016 tribute to 1991 Pro Set Football. If this is modern, Pro Set must've been way ahead of the times.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I like it, but I like borders as well. If they bring back the Acetate parallel, they'll seem awfully similar to Tek.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I don't like it. As a Stadium Club design or something it would be fine. But I like base Topps to have solid color borders (this year's was also ugly), and the team logo should be over top of the bars, not covered by them. Trying to design cool is the best way to not come up with a cool design.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Not good for base Topps but if you're going to take chances it might as well be on the base because the diehards don't bust it much.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts