Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
All depends on what you think that Gehrig is? To me it doesn't look like a jersey patch? It looks more like a sweater patch or something....doesn't it? If it's a jersey patch then it's over 1000 if it's not then it's hard to say

I wonder if the Gehrig piece is from the stirrups sold back in 2012. The texture looks the same, and the color is tough to tell on the grey/white comparing the stirrups with the Immaculate card. If this is the piece, it looks like these weren't MLB gamers but are tied to Gehrig wearing these may have been from his Minor League Hartford Senator league according to the comment in the Beckett article. I haven't had time to find the actual auction, but doing a quick search on other socks/stirrups/jerseys/jackets/pants I can't find any other images that has that type of material:

Beckett News » Auction Watch: The sweet smell of socks-cess?
Gehrigsocks.jpg

$_57.JPG

A_Pharis

I wonder if the Gehrig piece is from the stirrups sold back in 2012. The texture looks the same, and the color is tough to tell on the grey/white comparing the stirrups with the Immaculate card. If this is the piece, it looks like these weren't MLB gamers but are tied to Gehrig wearing these may have been from his Minor League Hartford Senator league according to the comment in the Beckett article. I haven't had time to find the actual auction, but doing a quick search on other socks/stirrups/jerseys/jackets/pants I can't find any other images that has that type of material:

I'm thinking yes.

Also, decent small Musial Patch: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stan-Musial...tch-SSP-1-5-/141759237170?hash=item2101824c32

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
this was sold multiple times on ebay by the same seller. i was wondering why it was sold and then popped back up at a cheaper price

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
guy had this on BO for 1600 or best offer

Gehrigsocks.jpg

$_57.JPG

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
im thinking it was shilled cause my buddy got a second chance offer. either way bad ass tim love it

I saw that too. I thought it would get 350 but maybe bidders stayed away the second time?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I almost contacted the seller, asking for the card number. I have been saving scans of those cards since they hit the market, not all of them had back scans though, but that one seems 10X better than any other that has been sold from that issue. I don't follow high end stuff, other than Garvey, but if I had to make a call based on my gut, I'd guess fake. I'm assuming the latest big spender of Garvey stuff (not me) bought it.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
I almost contacted the seller, asking for the card number. I have been saving scans of those cards since they hit the market, not all of them had back scans though, but that one seems 10X better than any other that has been sold from that issue. I don't follow high end stuff, other than Garvey, but if I had to make a call based on my gut, I'd guess fake. I'm assuming the latest big spender of Garvey stuff (not me) bought it.

I have seen a lot of those 2008 sterling cards including garveys and I agree with you I'm 99% sure it's fake

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
This is my own version of 'triple threads'
i put together the trifecta of button cards from the first ever button set. 2003 leaf limited Ruth, Gehrig, and Jackie Robinson.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 36

Members online

Latest posts