Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

August pick up/pulls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I added 2 jumbo boxes of 2020 Series 2 to the wax shelf.

Attachments

• A750C686-B443-4A87-8B82-98F33BAF5395.jpeg
    A750C686-B443-4A87-8B82-98F33BAF5395.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 28
Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Will share this one here until I get around to creating a Matt Joyce thread, but really excited about this one!

IMG_6996.JPG
IMG_6997.JPG

2012 Topps Triple Threads All-Star MLB Logo Patch #ASLP24 Matt Joyce # 1/1

It’s in COMC so will be a while until it’s in hand, but that’s okay! This was a must have for the Florida Southern College Alumnus Matt Joyce collection, and a true #1/1 in my mind.

There may be other LOGO cards of Joyce made, but at this point in his career it’s going to be a surprise if he makes another All-Star game.

Hopefully that this one popping up will lead to the other 2012 Topps Triple Threads #1/1’s appearing as well.

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
A few Heritage biggies this week to complete the 2010 and 2011 Heritage Yankees team sets.

2010 Topps Heritage Derek Jeter & CC Sabathia SSP Color Variations
https://www.ebay.com/itm/174232764043

I am kinda upset that I paid $12 shipping and he shipped this lot this in a 8x11 paper envelope with a piece of cardboard just on one side. He could have at least used two pieces, one on either side! To make things worse, for the cardboard he cut up a free priority mail box, which is technically mail fraud since he shipped it first class. /rant

Anyway... glad to finally put this monster set to bed. 2010 was the first big year. It had Ruth, Mantle and Maris SPs as well as dice back and color variations.
Anyone need the rest? Looking to get back some of what I spend. Except these two, all other cards including the Jeter & Rivera SPs are available.

s-l800.jpg

2011 Topps Heritage Alex Rodriguez Reverse Negative SSP
https://www.ebay.com/itm/383633059288

People are too busy buying Trout, Acuna and Soto. Seems the market has softened on older Heritage, I remember the Arod was once a $150+ card.
s-l600.jpg

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
A few Heritage biggies this week to complete the 2010 and 2011 Heritage Yankees team sets.

2010 Topps Heritage Derek Jeter & CC Sabathia SSP Color Variations
https://www.ebay.com/itm/174232764043

I am kinda upset that I paid $12 shipping and he shipped this lot this in a 8x11 paper envelope with a piece of cardboard just on one side. He could have at least used two pieces, one on either side! To make things worse, for the cardboard he cut up a free priority mail box, which is technically mail fraud since he shipped it first class. /rant

Anyway... glad to finally put this monster set to bed. 2010 was the first big year. It had Ruth, Mantle and Maris SPs as well as dice back and color variations.
Anyone need the rest? Looking to get back some of what I spend. Except these two, all other cards including the Jeter & Rivera SPs are available.

s-l800.jpg

2011 Topps Heritage Alex Rodriguez Reverse Negative SSP
https://www.ebay.com/itm/383633059288

People are too busy buying Trout, Acuna and Soto. Seems the market has softened on older Heritage, I remember the Arod was once a $150+ card.
s-l600.jpg

fantastic pickups! I bought from that same idiot with the shipping problem before.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
fantastic pickups! I bought from that same idiot with the shipping problem before.

Thank you! In that case, I am may leave a neutral for him. I was going to give him the benefit, thinking he might have been short on supplies due to the pandemic.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Vintage Gu of Ruth getting harder and harder to find View attachment 115246
Great pickup! I've been picking up early 2000 game-used of Ruth, Gehrig, Jackie and a few of the biggest names recently.

I wrote something up about this recently, but I don't believe we will ever see game0used like they made in the early 2000's.

If you do the math, a Ruth jersey today can easily run $2M. If they can get 2000 pieces from 1 jersey, that's a cost of $1,000 per piece. And that's if they ever purchase and cut up another jersey, which I don't think they will ever do.

More likely they will continue to cut up bats, which are much more plentiful, and can be had for a fraction of the price. And possibly, just maybe another pair of pants. More likely some non-MLB game used items. A coaches uniform, a barnstorming uniform etc.

Right now the cheapest option for a card company to get top of the line game used material for many vintage stars would be to buy old game used cards and harvest them for the materials. (To the best of my knowledge that has not been done to this point, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is done at some point)

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Picked up this picture of the 1947 New York Cubans, and I've been in the process (with the help of a group focused on the ***** Leagues on Facebook, which includes family members of former ***** League players) of ID'ing as many players as I can.

The 1947 New York Cubans were ***** World Series Champions.

The most famous player on the team is Orestes "Minnie" Minoso, who had a great MLB career, mostly with the White Sox. Many believe that he warrants serious HOF consideration, especially when you combine his few seasons in the ***** Leagues with his great MLB career. He is a member of both the Cuban and Mexican Hall of Fames.

Other significant players include Luis Tiant Sr. He was one of the great Cuban baseball pitchers of all time. His son (Luis Tiant) who won 229 games in the Majors claimed that his father was a better pitcher than he (the son) was.

1947 New York Cubans Photo.jpeg

1947 New York Cubans Photo - With Player Names - tentative.jpg

Members online