Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
I like finding stuff I didn't know existed for 30 years... like this 1991 National Sports Daily "Cross Country Edition" dated May 3rd. I have two variants from May 2nd (the regular and the Late Final edition), but didn't know this existed until I was just bopping around aimlessly on ebay. Little pleasures of collecting.

Plus, I just crossed the 1,200 count for Rickey relic cards. Anyone ever think about taking out the materials and sewing together an actual jersey? One day when I finally mentally crack, I might just do that. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 120373

🤣 - we could totally put jerseys together. A few bats and plenty of patches! Too funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Today I received my final (3) Rickey Henderson Project 2020 cards and was able to fully populate the display frame.....and wow oh wow, I am so thrilled with his player collection as a whole! What a journey! View attachment 120918View attachment 120919View attachment 120920

That is jaw-droppingly cool. Superb job with that and good foresight. (y)👏 Now...just wait until this year when Topps (to capitalize on the popularity) runs 1406 different artists out there and they'll each paint a different portrait of a base for each one Rickey stole in his career. :ROFLMAO:

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
That is jaw-droppingly cool. Superb job with that and good foresight. (y) Now...just wait until this year when Topps (to capitalize on the popularity) runs 1406 different artists out there and they'll each paint a different portrait of a base for each one Rickey stole in his career. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the compliment, appreciate that....as for Project 70, yes I am scared! 🤣

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Milestone brag :cool::
I just got my 1000th Rickey item that has a serial number or print run of 30 or less.

It was also my first item with Mantle and/or Mays relics on it. Stoked as a baseball fan for this one.
20 leaf itg all time all star ballot platinum blue (7).jpg

I also picked up this cool one (not the greatest picture, but serial numbered 1/4):
20 leaf itg fantastic franchise oakland magenta (4).jpg

And lastly, I picked up my 45th variation (out of the possible 56) of the 2005 Donruss Studio Portraits. Only 11 remaining!!

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
Milestone brag :cool::
I just got my 1000th Rickey item that has a serial number or print run of 30 or less.

It was also my first item with Mantle and/or Mays relics on it. Stoked as a baseball fan for this one.
View attachment 121088

I also picked up this cool one (not the greatest picture, but serial numbered 1/4):
View attachment 121089

And lastly, I picked up my 45th variation (out of the possible 56) of the 2005 Donruss Studio Portraits. Only 11 remaining!!

Simply incredible! Love it all. Way to go!

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Mail day! This one is SUPER sweet! This may be my favorite purchase in the past few months (although it is close with the Mantle/Mays above). The Rickey patch is green (although it doesn't look like it in this pic...there's also a little sliver of yellow above it which doesn't show here either).
20 leaf itg midsummer nights dream team 8 swatch (3).jpg

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
Mail day! This one is SUPER sweet! This may be my favorite purchase in the past few months (although it is close with the Mantle/Mays above). The Rickey patch is green (although it doesn't look like it in this pic...there's also a little sliver of yellow above it which doesn't show here either).
View attachment 121105

Nice! Leaf makes some fun cards, seems like I see chunky Rickey patches everyday somewhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts