Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Online sources for cards - ranked. Opinions welcome.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
So I was thinking, what are your top 5 online sites for buying/selling baseball cards, in order?

Here are mine:

1) Ebay - far and away #1. I wish it wasn't so, but this is the big kid on the block. I troll every site I know of on a regular basis, but ultimately a large majority of my purchases are Ebay.

2) COMC - I hate to say it. Their brutal shipping problems, and even worse, their endless litany of ******** excuses for those problems, have gotten too much for me to bear. But stepping back a little, where else do you find a similar selection of cards with new inventory being added daily?

3) Sportlots - I love this site. It's a throwback in terms of form and simplicity, and it just plain works. Only problems are a) 95% of the cards listed are commons, which PC'ers like me just don't need, and b) most listings don't have pictures.

3A) Message Boards. I originally excluded these from my list, but realized they really do need to be included. 99% of my online activity is here, so I would put FCB by far #1 here. Then BO a distant second. I've gotten a few cards from BO members over the years.

4) Beckett - I've noted a serious dropoff in sellers listing here. I still check it a few times a week, but it's shocking when I find something I need.

5) Amazon. It's a shot in the dark with this site, but still worth checking now and then.

And then...

6) All the rest. Ebid, Mercari, Craigslist, Kijiji, and the rest of the dregs. Between them all I've bought 2 total cards in 7 years.

Last edited:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Before the retail “flippers” took over the site with their $40 hanger boxes LOL I did quite a few good bulk, mostly “blind”, buys on Facebook Marketplace…

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I use mostly eBay and COMC. I have a Sportlots account, but I'm not familiar enough with how the box shipping works to start buying/selling there yet. I might search for a tutorial (or start a help/advice thread) and get my Sportlots in gear!

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
1. eBay

2. Message boards/discussion forums

3. Facebook/IG/social media

4. Auction houses

5. Online retailers - Topps, Walmart, etc

6. Bringing $10k cash to a back alley in the middle of the night to trade with a guy you met in the newspaper classifieds section

7. Getting run over by a bus while walking to a card shop

8. COMC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Nice post. I specifically excluded message boards, but really should have included them. I'm updating my original post to include them.

Love it how COMC comes in juuuuuust below getting run over by a bus.

1. eBay

2. Message boards/discussion forums

3. Facebook/IG/social media

4. Auction houses

5. Online retailers - Topps, Walmart, etc

6. Bringing $10k cash to a back alley in the middle of the night to trade with a guy you met in the newspaper classifieds section

7. Getting run over by a bus while walking to a card shop

8. COMC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online