Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

August 2022 - New Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Hawkins. Would love to complete this set and I have Russell, but I think unless I find some bargains, there are enough toughies left to make it near impossible. Hawkins.jpg

Seaver Penn. Super cheap and it has some toning on back, but it was a dupe, so not worried. I am trying to build this set to and it seems I am down to the tough ones, although I do have a new one incoming...Seaver.jpg

Newhouser. Newhouser.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
081722-1.jpg
A couple of "2021" Topps Chrome Platinum auto parallels, a Sean Murphy Refractor 103/199 and a Dave Stewart Gold Refractor 50/50.Andrew Bailey is a Gold Refractor out of 2009 Bowman Sterling...I don't really dig the design of that set but the Refractors look absolutely tremendous. They got the formula right that time. 2003 Topps Chrome Silver Refractor Eric Byrnes...I'm down to one remaining for the team set. If you remember, those were only available via redemption cards so they can be tough to locate. A recent Bowman Matt Chapman insert 21/99, and a Topps Now card I missed because I just haven't been that interested in them lately. I used to buy most of the A's as they came out, but they haven't exactly had a ton of highlights this year.

081722-2.jpg
Another 2021 Mosaic Dilfer parallel, Red Wave 6/9. It has sort of a refractor line but who cares, there are like three thousand other parallels of the set to look at instead. I am nearing the end of this quest, though.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Some nice adds today.

Namath. I am a little hesitant about this one, mainly because they were an off brand and this card seems to be signed differently than most others I have seen. I hope it's legit!Namath.jpg

Len Dawson. I'll admit I grabbed this as soon as I heard he was heading into hospice. i thought I had one already. There is some fading or a smear in the L, but his signatures are not as cheap as I would have thought. Unfortunately he likely won't be with us much longer. Dawson.jpg

Desmond Howard. While looking for his All World Auto, like Namath, I saw these. I like the design and the Raiders were my team growing up. D Howard.jpg

Cazzie Russell. C Russell UD.jpg

Just Dick Williams for Dodger links, but this was just a fun haul of autos so showing here instead. Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 8.12.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-18 at 8.12.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-18 at 8.12.13 PM.png

Lastly, McDowell can be a borderline Dodger connection, as he managed a low level minor league team for them for a couple years, so showing this here instead as well. s-l1600.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Missed this as the scan was under some others while loading. Tombstone Gibson. They don't look it, but these were either a mail in or I believe more likely an in package insert with Pizza, This is a factory Auto. Bench and Brett were also available. Gibson.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
081922.jpg
1996 Ultra Thunder Clap McGwire, another one of the '90s McGwire inserts I've been trying to catch up on the last few years. Back in the '00s when I was really building up my A's collection I shied away from higher-priced guys like McGwire or Henderson because as a team collector I liked all A's cards, and if I could get 20 cool cards of cheaper A's or 1 cool card of McGwire, it was an easy choice. Sure I like McGwire cards, but I don't like them THAT much more than Terry Steinbach or Mike Bordick or Mark Ellis cards.

The Luzardo is just a card I thought was neat for a nice price.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The non-baseball goodies continue to trickle in. I should have done this years ago with more vigor. I missed out on a lot.

Dolph Schayes. Schayes.png

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Couple posts for a couple days of mail

1993 Select Aces set - 90s..check. Dufex...check. Cheap...check. Couldn't pass this one up for the price even though I now have doubles of the stars.
Page 1.jpg Page 2.jpg Page 3.jpg

2004 Donruss Elite Turn of the Century Autos /10 Maury Wills - This one hurt when I opened it and found it creased. There wasn't any damage to the bubble mailer or the top load it was in so I have to assume the damage was already there and just hidden by the overexposed auction photo. It was cheap and I'll be keeping it since each of the 10 has a unique hand written inscription. I'd love to own all 10 but that is unlikely.
Maury Wills.jpg

2000 Greats of the Game Maury Wills Auto - I went from 0 Maury Wills autos to 3 in one day because I can't pay attention and I decided to start building the 2001 GoTG set after I'd already bought this 2000.
2000 Greats of the Game Autos.jpg

There were a few non-baseball issues too
1937 Churchman's Treasure Troves The Gold Coffin of Tutankhamen - A friend actually gave me this whole set, or at least he thought it was. When I sleeved it up I noticed it was missing the 5 King Tut related cards so I've been looking for good copies of them.
28 Gold Coffin of Tut SGC 8.jpg

1990 Impel Holograms Magneto
Magneto.jpg

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Frank Gifford /100 Gifford 100.png

Added a new trophy card, DeJong /12. I gave up on this set after hardly ever finding new cards and when I did, overpriced. The buybacks have opened up opportunity to snag a few here ansd there. WIll always love the Topps rookie cup autos, DeJong Trophy.jpg

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
2021 Topps Heritage Black Border #607 Jameson Taillon /50 -- Small pick up this week, but glad to cross it off the list before these dry up. The black border works well with the yellow design, reminiscent of the Pirates colors.

s-l600.jpg

To steal from Beckett, this is my 9th Taillon pick-up, completing my One-Sheet Collection of Taillon including one duplicate refractor. Exceeded the $100 budget they typically give themselves, by $30. I could probably replace the second refractor with Heritage base and get pretty close.

1. 2009 Bowman AFLAC Autographs #JT PSA 9 #d 50/230 Jersey Numbered!
2. 2013 Topps Heritage Minors #127A Vault Blank Back #d 1/1
3. 2013 Topps Heritage Minors Black #127 #d/96
4. 2013 Topps Heritage Minors Venezuelan Parallel #127
5. 2013 Topps Pro Debut #147A Vault Blank Back #d 1/1
6. 2013 Topps Pro Debut Gold #147 #d/50
7. 2021 Finest Flashbacks Prism Refractors #155 #d/35
8. 2021 Finest Flashbacks Prism Refractors #155 #d/35 SGC 9.5
8. 2021 Topps Heritage High Number Black Border #607 #d/50

Total Cost $131.49

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Today's mail added a few more pieces to the set build. The Blair is the single signed version. He signed a lot of them in ink and in sharpie for some reason.
Bob Feller.jpgPaul Blair Single.jpg Bill Skowron.jpg

2012 Topps Archives Jose Oquendo CF variation - This gets me to 3 of the 9 different variations.
2012 Archives Jose Oquendo CF.jpg 2012 Archives Jose Oquendo CF Back.jpg

2022 Topps Heritage Chrome /999 - Another piece for the rainbow. I'm down to just needing three cards now
2022 Heritage Chrome.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
082222-1.jpg
2021 Mosaic Gold Wave Dilfer 11/17...that's 32 of 33 non-1/1 versions of this card, just missing a /10 parallel that I haven't seen yet. It'll eventually show up. 2015 Topps Heritage Chrome Black Refractor Josh Donaldson 26/66. The 2003 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor auto completes the team set. And a Topps Now Turn Back the Clock Henderson I missed earlier this year.

And in the "that's a shame" department:
082222-2.jpg 082222-3.jpg
Some dunderhead thought, "Hey, a PMG would be good to get signed in person!" Is there a reliable method of wiping the auto off or is there a chance it will leave a stain? I'd rather just leave it on there than have a weird autograph shadow or something showing. I got this for under ten bucks so the autograph dropped the value by probably 90%.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
@Dilferules I like rare cards signed, so that would be a plus for me. Sorry you do not feel the same, but still a nice score on a tough card.

My mailday may have set a record for a 1 day package count. I tallied 18 different envelopes! Glad my wife didn't see that one. She sees most days and this would have gotten me some choice comments!!

Carlton Penn.pngThis is the new Penn emblem (also got Garvey, will show in the Dodger thread). This is a crude set, but after winning a sizable lot a while back and finding a dozen or so from a single seller cheap, I thought I might take a crack at the set (of 102). I need 24 unique (25 if you count the Blue border Rose variation, which I will try for) and an upgrade to Ryan. I may have to live with my soiled Ryan at the rate these show up or the ask price. The wantlist is a mix of big stars and what must be tougher commons. in case anyone has any or wants to help a brother out, here is who I still need:

Buddy Bell
Johnny bench
George Brett
Lou Brock
Gary Carter
Cesar Cedeno
Dave Concepcion
Cecil Cooper
Andre Dawson
Dwight Evans
Rollie Fingers
Keith Hernandez
Bob Horner
Fred Lynn
Lee Mazelli
Joe Morgan
Thurman Munson
Jim Rice
Pete Rose (Blue border)
Nolan Ryan (Upgrade copy)
Mike Schmidt
Reggie Smith
Willie Stargell
Joe Torre
Bob Watson
Carl Yastrzemski

See what I mean? Half are well collected superstars and the other half are fan faves at best what should be dirt cheap.

Brooks /5. B Robby 5.jpg
Christenson & Stockton masters of the Mic. just need Theismann to finish the 5 card auto set. Christensen.pngD Stockton.png

Bruce Jenner. I don't do a lot of non big 3 autos, but this one seemed like a good grab and i like the Titans set. He won't be signing "Bruce" anymore and he was a world class Olympic athlete famous throughout the world. Jenner.jpg

Benn wanting a Lester Hayes for a while, then a guy lists 2 types and I win both!? Not complaining... Hayes 2.jpgHayes.jpg

Bobby Knight! Knight.png

A double Bing. one is /8, the other /75. Bing 8.jpgBing.jpg

To be continued...

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Another Cazzie Russell.C Russell.jpg

Another titan Larry Bird. this is what happens when I bid on things, thinking I won't win, since I have one already. Again, not complaining, but I am realizing that dupes mean less new unique stuff too. Bird.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Another pretty good day...more coming too.

Teresa Weatherspoon. s-l1600-3.jpg.

s-l1600-2.jpg
Cepeda as an Athletic.

I don't find myself buying too many non-sighed cards these days. The autograph card line has completely sucked me in. However, a throwback to my pack days and when I was chasing both insert sets and Marshall Faulk. This is a Gold Medallion version of this acetate Rising Stars card. I'll always love the innovative inserts of the 90s and beyond, but there just isn't that strong draw anymore unless someone inked up my card!

s-l1600-4.jpg