Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

When Bigfoot rides a White Whale into your mailbox.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Long time player collectors may appreciate this because they've been there. Had a card waiting for me today in my mailbox that I've been hunting for nearly 30 years! Sent in a PWE but it made it unscathed. I posted a pic of the description of this set from the 2001 SCD. Photo isn't the best and it comes off grainy and pixilated but it isn't in hand

Most excited I've been collecting cards in a very long time!

1990 Score Promo Ozzie Smith

1588885681718.png1588885753335.png
Card is nearly identical to normal 1990 Score except for the stat lines.
1588885475607.png1588885853885.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Sent in a PWE but it made it unscathed.

Congrats. Glad it made the journey undamaged. It was lucky!

So tired of this kind of mentality though. People are either too cheap or stupid to take proper precautions. Half the time when it happens to me, the reply is something along the lines of "I've mailed hundreds of things like this and no damage ever". It just takes ONCE on an item like this that may take another 30 years to find a replacement for, if at all.

PWE does not belong in the card memorabilia world unless it is an item that is essentially damage proof (or not ultra condition sensitive - I got a ticket stub today that could have gone PWE and I would have had no issues with a small bend or ding), easy to replace or extremely cheap item.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
congrats on the find. You say the card is identical of the normal one except the stat lines? I wonder if people trashed some thinking they were the reg. card not knowing it is a rare card...

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
congrats on the find. You say the card is identical of the normal one except the stat lines? I wonder if people trashed some thinking they were the reg. card not knowing it is a rare card...

This probably happened more than we think. I found mine in a lot of a couple hundred Ozzies I bought because they were cheap. There were probably 30 1990 Score Ozzies in the box and the Promo was in with them. It is definitely a card that can disappear into boxes if people don't know what they're looking for at the time.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Amazing card. I have very few cards I can recall specifically how I obtained, but my 1990 Score Promo is one of them. One of the most important cards in my collection is the Will Clark 1990 Score Promo I received from a member on this site. Congrats. Purchase from a promo collector?? Pretty rare card to stumble upon.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Amazing card. I have very few cards I can recall specifically how I obtained, but my 1990 Score Promo is one of them. One of the most important cards in my collection is the Will Clark 1990 Score Promo I received from a member on this site. Congrats. Purchase from a promo collector?? Pretty rare card to stumble upon.
Nope. Got it from a non collector who was given an entire run of these. Very happy to have it. Looked forever.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
This probably happened more than we think. I found mine in a lot of a couple hundred Ozzies I bought because they were cheap. There were probably 30 1990 Score Ozzies in the box and the Promo was in with them. It is definitely a card that can disappear into boxes if people don't know what they're looking for at the time.
How is the centering on your Ozzie? Do you have a scan? I'd love to see another. I used to imagine finding one in a box of old Score.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Nope. Got it from a non collector who was given an entire run of these. Very happy to have it. Looked forever.
A whole run you say? 😀 any chance you can see if they have a Puckett available? I’d love to find one of those for my pc. I’m totally willing to give you a finders fee if I can get a Puckett from the seller and/or you. Thanks!

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
A whole run you say? 😀 any chance you can see if they have a Puckett available? I’d love to find one of those for my pc. I’m totally willing to give you a finders fee if I can get a Puckett from the seller and/or you. Thanks!
Sorry. I already did. He had sold or gave away almost everyone from the set. He only held onto a few.

Nowhereman317

Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I’ve looked at so many red 1990 score cards. One of these days I’m gonna find one. I did find the ‘95 fleer promo in the quarter bin. Went back threw and found the Roger Clemens too. Not nearly as rare but was a good day.

Members online

Latest posts