Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1995 Alta Loma Cigar Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ernest1919

Dec 11, 2014
No further information available to post on this web site.

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I do too. There's nothing like some good ol' BS to create a lively discussion online!

Of course too much is too much, and that's why Blowout is what it is. Fun in small doses, but...

But don't let me rain on this parade. Keep it coming @Ernest1919! And if you'll sell me an Alto Loma Robbie Alomar for $3.50 delivered, I swear I'll buy it. Just for the hell of it.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Everything's coming up Millhouse!

I also bought some of those homemade minis a few years ago just for fun, as long as the price was super cheep. But yeah, once I stopped buying them the supply disappeared. Really, it was a precursor to Topps On Demand :)

Millhouse! I remember those....I actually have some of those and was buying several before I realized that the more I bought, the more they pumped out!

In the end, I was getting #'d to /3 tobacco cards for cheap and finally just said, F this and stopped buying them. They stopped making any Garvey versions not too long after that!

Millhouse was just a basic card, not bad, but not good either, just middle of the road. There is one seller active on ebay from TN now and selling a lot, at a buck each and they go up from there, and they are absolute garbage. The image looks crisp and colorful, but the real cards look like a cheap fake with the ink drying up! They were getting $15-30 for some, now most sell for $1.

One of the best custom cards out there today, at least those I have actually seen and held in hand, are Banty Red. Those are quality. He gets good money for a lot of them too. I couldn't say if this is a winning venture or if he just does it for fun, but I suspect he is making good enough money to continue the fun either way.

Here is one that looks OK, but is the guy who is selling the Alto Loma's. I refuse to buy this card mainly on principle, but also because it does not look good enough to be $7 (plus s/h). I'd buy one for a couple bucks at most. And these damn sure were not made or available in 2009. These are new, made to look like they were made in 2009, but why bother. Why not date them in the mid 60s, since that is when Garvey was at Michigan? The date on the back is meaningless.

View attachment 114558View attachment 114559

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Millhouse! I remember those....I actually have some of those and was buying several before I realized that the more I bought, the more they pumped out!

In the end, I was getting #'d to /3 tobacco cards for cheap and finally just said, F this and stopped buying them. They stopped making any Garvey versions not too long after that!

View attachment 114558View attachment 114559

All of this completely sums up those millhouse cards for me. I felt the exact same way about them and said the same thing when I stopped buying them. It was a strange time because zero new Kirby Puckett cards were being made then. It was until a little later that Panini started adding him to their releases.

I don’t buy all ACEO type cards of Kirby, but I buy the ones that catch my eye. Some of them just look horrible and I avoid those. I consider the ones I pick up to be on par with some of the old Broder style cards from the 80s.

There’s a few sellers on eBay and here that make quality cards and I’ll continue to buy those.

I’d love to see a Puckett from this set of he’s in it and would probably want to buy if it looked decent. Fun thread all the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Well here we go again 🤦‍♂️ 🤯

The story that never dies or ends for Mr. Ernest and Grouchyoldman.

Why does this continue to bother you so much that you continue to try to change the SEO so that this post isn’t the first thing that pops up for Alta Loma Cards? My entire intention on posting the original thread was to be a resource of information for a card I couldn’t find any info on. The rest just happened as I dug.

But it’s been 6 years! You have been proven to be a liar and a manipulator, and yet you continue to bombard my inbox with no evidence to back up ANYTHING that you have said over 6 years. Your only posts on this forum have been about ALTA LOMA!

My original post contains all the well research info- no surprise you tried to create another one. What you don’t realize is that everyone would forget about this if you just stopped!

And to your last point- last time we did this rodeo in May 2019, you literally said you were going to come to Tampa and sue me and FCB! Big surprise you are lying once again.

My goodness- I’ve gone the whole emotion gauntlet with this one over 6 years. At this point this is amazing entertainment.

Thanks,
Jeff

P.S. Went ahead and bumped the original thread for you @Ernest1919 so everybody could get a refresher- you can thank me later

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Why didn't @Ernest1919 respond to the previous thread? Probably because it was a disaster. It started in 2014 and was revived in May 2019 with threats of law suits.

He literally copied my Title from 2014 WORD FOR WORD when making this new thread. I didn’t even realize it was a completely new thread until I went to look for a previous comment.

The level at which it bothers him that the first result when you good it is my 2014 thread is actually impressive at this point. It takes real dedication to continue to lie and be deceptive for 6 years.

This thread is nothing more than an attempt to hijack the SEO. 🤦‍♂️

For everybody interested, here’s the original thread which is where we should talk about this @Ernest1919

1995 Alta Loma Cigar cards https:/...p?threads/1995-Alta-Loma-Cigar-cards.143408/

Thanks,
Jeff

Ernest1919

Dec 11, 2014
No further information available to post on this web site.

Last edited:

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
He literally copied my Title from 2014 WORD FOR WORD when making this new thread. I didn’t even realize it was a completely new thread until I went to look for a previous comment.

The level at which it bothers him that the first result when you good it is my 2014 thread is actually impressive at this point. It takes real dedication to continue to lie and be deceptive for 6 years.

This thread is nothing more than an attempt to hijack the SEO. 🤦‍♂️

For everybody interested, here’s the original thread which is where we should talk about this @Ernest1919

1995 Alta Loma Cigar cards https://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/index.php?threads/1995-Alta-Loma-Cigar-cards.143408/

Thanks,
Jeff

Apparently Ernest is wanting to make the FCB Hall of Shame. @Ernest1919 Why all the yelling! Everything is in BOLD type. I never saw the movie preview for "Ernest goes to the FCB baseball card forums."

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
He deleted his original post, however I had quoted in in post 6 for all to view later, if you should desire to see what started this thread.

Latest posts