Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Advice: Wrinkled PSA Label

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Good morning, FCB!

I have owned this card since 2018, but noticed that the label has become quite wrinkled. The card has been kept in a drawer and has not been exposed to any extreme temps or moisture.

No issues otherwise.

A few questions: Is this common? Do you think it negatively impacts the value? Worthwhile to get PSA to reholder?

Thanks for your time.
5DFBFD0A-6881-40FD-82FB-A6FBF2EAFC04.jpeg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
That's an old label PSA slab- personally I'd re-slab it just based on that fact.
Its very common for labels of that period to wrinkle over time.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I think it's fairly common, many of my PSA cards are like that. I live in the Pacific Northwest where there is a moist climate, not sure if that has anything to do with it. The ones that are like that are kept in boxes, maybe that's the issue, they aren't airing out or something. Or maybe they were mailed to me on a rainy day and sat in the mailbox for a while soaking up moisture from the air?

psa10collchoice.jpg
psa10impact.jpg
psa10sp.jpg

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
I agree that it's fairly common with older labels and I think it does take away from the value. People like slabbed cards with good eye appeal. They definitely don't like scratches or cracks and I think wrinkled labels definitely fall into that category as well.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
I think it's ridiculous PSA won't reslab these for free. I've gotten them back from PSA already wrinkled. Just another way they screw you at PSA. Won't be long and they will be "updating" their slabs so you'll have to reslab again to keep your collection looking uniform. Just a joke.

walt_altmen

Aug 1, 2019
no need to reslab. grab some of the moisture absorber packets and stick the slabs and a couple of those in a ziplock bag for a couple of days.

flips will straighten back out. then grab a couple of the larger closet ones and stick in your collection wherever you're storing them.

mozzie, why would psa reslab for free? it's not their fault. i think it ridiculous that you think it's ridiculous.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
no need to reslab. grab some of the moisture absorber packets and stick the slabs and a couple of those in a ziplock bag for a couple of days.

flips will straighten back out. then grab a couple of the larger closet ones and stick in your collection wherever you're storing them.

mozzie, why would psa reslab for free? it's not their fault. i think it ridiculous that you think it's ridiculous.

Thanks, it’s worth a shot!

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Okay, 2 days in the dessicant bag and I think I’m seeing some minor flattening. Could just be wishful thinking.

Will give it a few more days to see what the verdict is.

walt_altmen

Aug 1, 2019
definitely not an overnight process just like it didn't happen overnight. set it near a low level heat source like a desk lamp too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts