Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

February - New Arrivals Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I only had one PC card in the mail today but it is a nice one.

2018 Topps Bowman Holiday Gold Festive Autograph 1/1. That puts the auto rainbow to bed. I just need the non-auto Gold Festive 1/1 now to finish the full run.
2018 Topps Bowman Holiday Gold Festive Autograph.jpg

I grabbed this one out of a $1 box at a show Saturday. He was too good a player and person to be stuck in a $1 box, no matter the condition of the card.

1959 Topps Bill White RC
B‎ill White RC.jpg

This was an LCS pickup this afternoon when my son and I stopped by so he could get some Pokemon packs at a decent price.

2017 Topps Museum Collection Primary Pieces Silver /99. I'm not usually a patch card guy but it struck me this foursome is likely in their last year together in a Cardinals uniform so I had to snag it. Kind of sad really.
2017 Museum Collection Primary Pieces.jpg

BarryBonds762

Feb 9, 2021
I love these Donruss Power Alley Refractor Pujols Die cuts. Looks like a dog took a bite out of one of the corners. Any time I can get a Pujols insert in his team colors I'll pick it up. Red's are Serial # out of /250, Blues out of /100. Kobe 2000-01 Purple Chrome. Another card I got because of the team colors plus it's a great Picture. Orange boarder 1999-00 Topps. And An Allen Iverson FleerForce With Kobe Guarding Him. Really nice Photo of the Two going at it.
View attachment img20210210_18022564 3.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
A couple in today:

021121.jpg
1999 Bowman's Best Atomic Refractor Ben Grieve 030/100 and 2017 Topps Heritage Chrome Refractor Matt Olson RC 196/568. Both team sets are now complete. I'm one 1996 Atomic and two 1998 Atomics away from having the complete run of 1990's A's Bowman's Best Refractors & Atomic Refractors. They aren't expensive ones, just a matter of finding them for non-outrageous prices.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Nothing too exciting but was my Dad’s favorite Sixer.

Smooth looking auto, Prizm silver effect and being /25 makes for a really nice looking card...

6499D406-8B71-4F0E-963B-17BF211F348A.jpeg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
021221.jpg
Some cheaper stuff today. The McGwire 1997 Pacific Gold Crown was on a list of about 20 most wanted (somewhat affordable) McGwire '90s inserts I put together at the start of the year...it's the third card from the list I've received, with 4 more incoming. The Tejada 2001 Ruby/125 puts me one away from the team set (missing a Grieve).

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I snagged a few Cardinals RCs this week. I've slowly been building up the missing pieces in my collection for these two. Yadi is starting to climb price wise so I'm glad I've got most of what I wanted knocked out now.

Yadi-Waino pickups.jpg

I bought quite a few Topps and Bowman Pujols RCs back in 2001/2002 before I got out of the hobby thankfully but these two had always eluded me. Now I just have the Bowman Heritage and Fleer Tradition left on my attainable want list.

2001 Fleer Premium Pujols.jpg2001 Fleer Futures Pujols.jpg

This card came out after I left the hobby but once I heard about it I had to have it. I love a good April Fool's Joke.

The *** RC.jpg

The last pieces for my 2000 Fleer Pennant Aggression set showed up too.

Pennant Aggression Resize.jpg Pennant Aggression 2 Resize.jpg

I'm a sucker for RCs in niche small print run sets too so when these came up for sale cheap I grabbed them with the intent to flip down the road. I have a couple Sotos coming in too from this set.

Ronald Acuna Holiday.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I've started to look at adding some Red Sox cards from cool sets that I don't otherwise have an example of, got this one for a couple bucks plus shipping

I do that with Cardinals stuff. If you stumble across the 1999 or 2000 Boston Red Sox Team Photos in your search I still need the Jeff Fryes.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
1. 2000 Fleer Mystique Masterpiece /1 -- One of those forgotten sets. Not a steal, but I paid for this today what a box of Mystique would have cost in August 2020. That is how I justified the price to myself.

View attachment 120892View attachment 120891

2. 2018 Topps Bernie Williams Breathless Blowout Promo - I am more excited about this than the O'Neill. These are my favorite kind of finds. A limited promotional card from the Minor League All Star Game in Trenton. I collect these types of base design variations/oddballs each year as an extension of the Yankees Topps flagship team set. I became aware this Bernie when I saw this article back in 2018: https://www.beckett.com/news/2018-topps-bernie-williams-breathless-blowout/.

Limited to 2000 unnumbered copies. Aside from a crazy BIN from a seller who hasn't budged, I've have only seen two sell at auction in 2+ years. First one went close to $100, then a pair sold for ~$70 for which I was a second bidder. The owner must have bought the pair and relisted the second one at $60 to recoup their money just a few weeks back. As much as I wanted it, I felt $60-70 was a steep price to pay. At one point, I even called the 800 number for Boerhinger Ingelheim to see if they had extras.

I couldn't hit the BIN fast enough on this. It was about $40, but came with an autograph!! Not only that, the seller included the programs and other promotional material from the event which was a nice surprise. Neat card in support of a good cause, I've actually had a neighbor pass away from IPF so it means even more. This will be the Bernie autograph in my collection. Until now, I had a chrome one which I wasn't too happy with.

View attachment 120890View attachment 120889

3. 2011 Topps (Opening Day) Christian Lopez SP
I don't collect Opening Day cards, but this one was branded as a flagship Topps card. Otherwise I would be all over this. The Lopez was either SP or SSP, haven't seen many of these over the years. https://www.beckett.com/news/derek-jeters-3000th-hit-fan-gets-his-own-topps-card/. Another article, I promise they aren't paying me to post these links.

. View attachment 120895View attachment 120893
love the bernie a tuffy(y)

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
2. 2018 Topps Bernie Williams Breathless Blowout Promo - I am more excited about this than the O'Neill. These are my favorite kind of finds. A limited promotional card from the Minor League All Star Game in Trenton. I collect these types of base design variations/oddballs each year as an extension of the Yankees Topps flagship team set. I became aware this Bernie when I saw this article back in 2018: https://www.beckett.com/news/2018-topps-bernie-williams-breathless-blowout/.

Limited to 2000 unnumbered copies. Aside from a crazy BIN from a seller who hasn't budged, I've have only seen two sell at auction in 2+ years. First one went close to $100, then a pair sold for ~$70 for which I was a second bidder. The owner must have bought the pair and relisted the second one at $60 to recoup their money just a few weeks back. As much as I wanted it, I felt $60-70 was a steep price to pay. At one point, I even called the 800 number for Boerhinger Ingelheim to see if they had extras.

I couldn't hit the BIN fast enough on this. It was about $40, but came with an autograph!! Not only that, the seller included the programs and other promotional material from the event which was a nice surprise. Neat card in support of a good cause, I've actually had a neighbor pass away from IPF so it means even more. This will be the Bernie autograph in my collection. Until now, I had a chrome one which I wasn't too happy with.

View attachment 120890View attachment 120889

That is the kind of card I would pick up and I am not a Yankee collector. I thought maybe it was a special autographed card, but see after reading that it was just signed at some point after issue. Still cool and for $40, I'd need mine signed as well, otherwise I am probably not a buyer at that price.

Although, if I collected Bernie, that would probably seem fair. I know there is a Frank Thomas card issued when he was rehabing in Charlotte that seems to be a ghost card that many Big Hurt collectors would fight over to buy at twice that price probably, if not much more. I would care less about it, as a former Thomas collector, but it is a 3D card and I have always loved those types of cards. Plus the low numbers & special distribution add to the mystique of this one.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
View attachment 121143
I already had a Feller Greats of the Game auto but did not previously have a Mark Prior autograph...cool acetate card to put autographs of both of them in my A's collection. I assumed it was sticker autos when I bought it due to the design, but they're actually on-card.
Nice, like it! Multi-signed cards are always great, especially if they get some good combos on them. With Prior being a Dodgers pitching coach too, that is something I would add to my collection for sure!

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
021421.jpg
2020 Finest Flashbacks Refractor Matt Chapman...that completes the team set to go along with my actual 1993 Finest Refractor team set as well as both A's from the 2013 Finest '93 Design Refractor/25 set. Hopefully they can give my wallet a rest and not release another '93 Finest Refractor design set for a long while.

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
I snagged a few Cardinals RCs this week. I've slowly been building up the missing pieces in my collection for these two. Yadi is starting to climb price wise so I'm glad I've got most of what I wanted knocked out now.

View attachment 121213

I bought quite a few Topps and Bowman Pujols RCs back in 2001/2002 before I got out of the hobby thankfully but these two had always eluded me. Now I just have the Bowman Heritage and Fleer Tradition left on my attainable want list.

View attachment 121215View attachment 121216

This card came out after I left the hobby but once I heard about it I had to have it. I love a good April Fool's Joke.

View attachment 121214

The last pieces for my 2000 Fleer Pennant Aggression set showed up too.

View attachment 121217 View attachment 121218

I'm a sucker for RCs in niche small print run sets too so when these came up for sale cheap I grabbed them with the intent to flip down the road. I have a couple Sotos coming in too from this set.

View attachment 121219

Kazuo Uzuki! I remember when that card came out. People were scrambling to find out who this kid was. Didn't it turn out to be some random person they chose for the photo?

Members online

Latest posts