Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Got 4 slabs back from PSA two were re-slabs ( the Leaf Limited) and two were new poppages
The Leafs had come back reverse labeled- PSA corrected. Other two just popped
Been carrying both around forever so grades are as expected
full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
So the BGS registry has been down 3 days now and not functioning (what else is new) so I couldn't update photos in my Clemens registry. I did the scans just couldn't update them. So here's the next 2004 Timeless Treasures subsets the Rookie Year Materials and Statistical Champions subsets.
Inventory girl has been sent the pics and my checklist is done just gotta update there when they get around to fixing it

The Rookie Year stuff I'll question the authenticity of think DLP got taken ( Clemens never gave up his rookie year stuff to anyone) .It has 8 items been able to slab two. I own 2 others that need slabbing when I locate where I put them
Most of the signatures are numbered 9 or less in that sub series and most cards are 25 or less

The Stats Champs has about a dozen cards, all low numbered, all 5 or less and just a pain to locate. Been able to find 5 of them so far. Slabbing the last one as we speak. The dupe jersey number is going in my sale pile once I get that far on the dupes. I remember getting it back low graded and mailing the other out and praying- glad it upgraded !!
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The last of the 2004 Timeless Treasures is scanned. The World Series Materials sub set is sometimes confusing
The Prime is # to 10 = and the Base to 9 = you go figure out why. Anyways the Prime example I have is one of the few laundry tags I own
I have a bunch more to slab but missing half of them at least. Props to @Pinbreaker for the #/10 assist
And will be bringing more over from secured storage just finished a 2nd box so these all go back in morning
>
>
>
full

full

full

Last edited:

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
The last of the 2004 Timeless Treasures is scanned. The World Series Materials sub set is sometimes confusing
The Prime is # to 10 = and the Base to 9 = you go figure out why. Anyways the Prime example I have is one of the few laundry tags I own
I have a bunch more to slab but missing half of them at least. Props to @Pinbreaker for the #/10 assist
And will be bringing more over from secured storage just finished a 2nd box so these all go back in morning
>
>
>
full

full

full

Great looking cards..

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
After a week of torture at work getting to some scans. I think I have the auto version of these "somewhere"
I haven't really slabbed many from this series as a lot of base inserts and I always do GU and autos first
Will be scanning the 2004 Sweet Spot series next when I get more time

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK folks after two weeks of concentrating on grading subs taking a break as my budgets about to explode from so many packages. Up next in the scan list is 2004 UPPER DECK SWEET SPOT . I've let my feeling be known on prior years what I think of Sweet Spot. Suffice to say this years version was decent

Info on the set can be found here at 2004 SWEET SPOT

The set has a whole slew of autos, single, double, triple and quad pieces and some nice inserts included.
Haven't taken an inventory lately of what I need, but its not on my priority list right now ( when I don't like a set its back burner)

Scans below will get to more later . Believe I have a dupe of the Diamond Champs patch ( # 02/10) somewhere
And getting bat pieces for both Clemens and Johnson- um yeah - again I doubt they are authentic despite claims
Maybe batting practice bats- certainly not their game used ones
I've also remarked how difficult it is to get wins against the Johnson crowd on these
You wind up paying more for these mid level game used than you'd expect back then and I'm sure even now

I will scan my triple and quads in a bit have to answer more emails I'm behind on and send inventory girl the links
>
>
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Scanned the Triple and Quads, emailed my inventory girl, heading to bed before the graveyard shift at work
On these your fighting every player collector genre there is. Some of the highest numbered to 99 costs you'll see are in Quad jersey pieces. Especially ones that have future or current Hall of Famers with rabid collector bases
Not even gonna mention how many I went through to find the best conditioned
full

full

full

full

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
So, I sent in 25 cards to SGC on the 22nd of Feb (received the 25th) and yesterday got an email saying my cards are on their way back. VERY COOL.
Here are the scans.
The modern stuff is to sell to fuel my vintage addiction. The Bascketball card is from a "Vintage Breaks" break and the Pokemon is my son's card (he wanted it graded like dad's cards). :)
Just showing the fronts if not too many scans. :)

1956_Topps_10_Warren_Spahn_White_Back__SGC-Grade-4pt5_Auth-4354068_Front.jpg 1968_Topps_1_NL_BATTING_LEADERS__SGC-Grade-5_Auth-8102273_Front.jpg
1990_Donruss_659_NOLAN_RYAN_5000_Ks_665_Back__SGC-Grade-9_Auth-2787064_Front.jpg 1990_Donruss_659_NOLAN_RYAN_5000_Ks_665_Back__SGC-Grade-9_Auth-2787064_Back.jpg
1990_Topps_336_Ken_Griffey_Jr__SGC-Grade-9_Auth-0608870_Front.jpg 1990_Upper_Deck_17_Sammy_Sosa__SGC-Grade-9_Auth-8477817_Front.jpg
2004_Upper_Deck_THE_4000-K_CLUB_3689-4000__SGC-Grade-10_Auth-0543883_Front.jpg 2005_Bowman_Chrome_Draft_Picks_Prospects_BDP63_Andrew_Mccutchen__SGC-Grade-9pt5_Auth-8868824_F...jpg
2017_Bowman_25_YOAN_MONCADA_Blue_145-150__SGC-Grade-9pt5_Auth-6858622_Front.jpg 2017_Bowman_Chrome_Draft_BCP244_LUIS_ALEXANDER_BASABE_Gold_Shimmer_Refractor_13-50__SGC-Grade-...jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
@domino2012 great slabs love the look

Back to scanning after some time off for work and health. Up next is the 2004 STUDIO series. Strangely I never picked up a box of these. Too little Clemens materials and more ripe fruit elsewhere prevented. Its a great series with several inserts purely promotional in nature. I picked up all 3 of my Clemens Game Day Souvenirs at once years ago. DLP never release some in 2004, some inserts came out in 2005 Donruss products. I have a bunch of base still to slab.

Info on the set can be found here 2004 STUDIO

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Added the Pink refractor to my 2019 TCU run of Walker Buehler ( just need that Orange Refactor TCU back from PSA)
I just loved the photo and having started on the 3/5 Red Refractor TCU - sigh, mind as well finish the work I figured

The Blue & Purple are dupes you know where those are headed
Have a bunch more at PSA thankfully subbed last year !!

DUPES
=====

full

full

NEW ADD
=======
full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Considering maybe doing the US8 pictures as well. I REALLY like the Independence Day one :D
These came in the lot that got me started on the TCU series in the first place
Was only going to do the Chrome series but the pictures got me hooked (its what generally starts me on any series I do)

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
I also got 4 slab fixes back-- all relabels from the scanning insurance project that got fixed.
Added to the inventory lists, updated my registry pictures, and emailed my inventory girl- so off to the storage unit !!

The 07 SPX had been labeled a base 99- that's been fixed
The 06 Epic RC3 Orange had been mislabeled as Dark Orange- now fixed
The 05 Timeless SC base Matl/Signature was wrongly labeled as prime now correctly labeled
And lastly the 05 Timeless SC Matl/Signature Prime was just re-slabbed as it was cracked
Count me thrilled to fix those 4 and move on with my inventory

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK now that I have some time more slabs and will also post in the box break section more also.
A bunch of Hall of Famers that are low pop or Pop 1. The Ripken is the FIRST Gem 9.5 BGS ever slabbed of that preview card. Still one of only 5 BGS Gems of that particular item.Fisk is first time I have held on to that card in years
Was in a box in storage got that box in finally. I've owned it nearly 50 years and its been slabbed nearly 20
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Newest scanned series since I can't sub to either BGS or PSA due to "stoppages"
The 2004 SP Game used series I'll sum up in one word- HUH ?? who thought that $150 a sealed tin was an appropriate price?
Totally not appropriate, and after 2 or 3 tins back then, and getting a $30 item out of them- no go on my end.
You'd be surprised how many folks besides me discovered items direct from packages- with damages
How's that happen on a sealed tin that's $150??
I just waited for Clemens to pop up along the years and plucked what I needed

Located what I could here - missing the 300 win item # to 10 I need to re-scan - somewhere I'm sure I'll locate it
Down to just a few cards left- not worried about any 1/1 items I get one great if not no loss

Info on the set can be found 2004 SP GAME USED

You'll notice on the back of the Famous nicknames UD took a little creative license
The base item # to 20 says "his nickname comes from intimidating pitches"
The Auto item # to 10 says " his nickname comes from his overpowering fastball'

The first four scans are done will post more later when I wake up

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The next group of SP Game Used patch series patches has few more of those 'questionable' UD choices
The Premium Patch item shows him in an Astros uniform ( his new team) but has Yankees material
The Premium Patch Auto shows him in a Yankees uniform but has Astros material and Astros team label

Last, but not least, UD's person thought his 20 years in the league was a 'Significant Number"
Um- the Significant Number series is supposed to celebrate a significant career number
As in wins, shutouts ,career highs, maybe I don't know -- his 20 strikeout game maybe ?
You'd think his MLB record K game would have rated higher ? Nope- MLB Years is whats on the card
And the back talks about his 300 wins. This set just made no sense - which is another reason I never bought more tins

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The last of the 2004 SP Game Used scans. The Stellar Combo series celebrated a pair of Clemens teammates
All 3 were great pitchers in their own right and all were perennial contenders for the best awards.
And again UD with questionable pieces- putting a Sox patch item in a Yankees labeled picture/team name.
This whole series felt like buying Topps product

Scanning projects starting to heat up as sub poppages ground to a halt , although I did get some new BGS slabs back
Will scan those in a wee bit haven't had much time lately

full

full

full

full

Believe I have a few others hidden and cannot locate but when I do will update my registry & scans
The next series is going to take some time to scan- 2004 PRIME CUTS- stay tuned
I'm going to have to scan it haphazard ( based on registry order- which makes no sense)
I might just scan in my new slabs before doing the Prime Cuts scan series

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
What kind of scanner do you have. The cards in the graded holders are so clear. Mine use to look like that 20 years ago. but about 8 years ago my epson took a crap. I bought an hp. and the scans the cards in the graded holders were blurry. I got fed up with that so I went to Office Depot 2 years ago and showed The Computer "geek" the scans and he said to get the brother genuine. It would scan the cards in the graded case clear. LIER! I went to take it back and the place closed down. Closes one is 60 miles away. I did not want to bother with it. So I kept it.

For the past Christmas my son got me a new epson not the same as the old one but the "Geek Squad" guy ay Best Buy sold my son a new epson perfection V39 scanner. He told my son we would not have any problem with it that it would scan as clear as a bell. LIER!!!!😧 Went to take it back. Because it was a clearance item they would not take it back, we ran into the sales JACK OFF that sold the scanner to my son. And said KARMA'S a bitch. So please what scanner do you have?

Members online

Latest posts