Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1985? Denver Broncos cups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not a football guy, and I don't really post on any other message boards, so I thought I'd throw this here and see if anyone had any thoughts.

I grew up in Colorado Springs, and I recently found these plastic cups in the back of my childhood closet. They are 7-Eleven Big Gulp cups, and each has two Denver Broncos players on it. Most notably, John Elway. I can't find any info about these anywhere. It looks like they were made in 1984 or 85, as a few of these players ended their Broncos careers in '85.

Anyone have any ideas, either about their value or where I could learn more? Should I just throw them on Ebay, and if so, what price should I ask?

Any thoughts would help. Thanks.

Attachments

• B59B642A-1ECA-4BB9-A86F-05ED164A7438.jpeg
    B59B642A-1ECA-4BB9-A86F-05ED164A7438.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 58B72223-FFEA-4363-ACEA-07C93C81C48C.jpeg
    58B72223-FFEA-4363-ACEA-07C93C81C48C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
I found these on eBay's completed listings and when I checked 130Point they did sell for $15.

But you having John Elway would make a huge difference obviously.
I just don't know how much though and unfortunately this seller doesn't really offer up any good info here.
Based off of these 2 though and the fact you have Elway, if they were mine I wouldn't hesitate to throw up a BIN of $100 with B/O and see what kind of offers you get.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks, that’s very helpful. I did a completed eBay search and found nothing, so this is good to see. Yeah I agree that Elway is the biggest deal (obviously), and I was hoping to find out that this was an “RC” cup of some kind (if they were put out in ‘83 or ‘84, but 85 is my best guess).

Thanks again

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Thanks, that’s very helpful. I did a completed eBay search and found nothing, so this is good to see. Yeah I agree that Elway is the biggest deal (obviously), and I was hoping to find out that this was an “RC” cup of some kind (if they were put out in ‘83 or ‘84, but 85 is my best guess).

Thanks again

Glad I could help a little. I googled those cups every which way but Sunday but found no info on them whatsoever.

Saw some '72 cups but nada on these. Maybe they're much more rare than people realize and probably just a regional giveaway. To the right Broncos collector they may even go for more than you'd think because it would appear that no one else would be able to get any info on them either. I think I'd still do a fixed with best offer to see what you get. Heck, maybe even a higher fixed.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I'm not a football guy, and I don't really post on any other message boards, so I thought I'd throw this here and see if anyone had any thoughts.

I grew up in Colorado Springs, and I recently found these plastic cups in the back of my childhood closet. They are 7-Eleven Big Gulp cups, and each has two Denver Broncos players on it. Most notably, John Elway. I can't find any info about these anywhere. It looks like they were made in 1984 or 85, as a few of these players ended their Broncos careers in '85.

Anyone have any ideas, either about their value or where I could learn more? Should I just throw them on Ebay, and if so, what price should I ask?

Any thoughts would help. Thanks.
what do you want for the NON Elway if selling ---will think about Elway $$ ?

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
what do you want for the NON Elway if selling ---will think about Elway $$ ?
I will have to think about it, but I'm glad that someone is interested at least. If it wasn't clear from my post/photos, there are four cups, with two players on each, correlating from left to right in the two photos (i.e., Chavous is opposite Johnson, Wright is opposite Elway, etc). Interestingly, Corey Chavous lived on my freshman hall at Vanderbilt; I wish I had known that I had these at that time, as I would have loved to give him a cup with his uncle on it.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
who doesn't matter ---I'm Bronco fan from 1974 . I missed draft 1970 / saved money went on a 5000 mile bar hopping trip .Denver only place i want to go back to out of 14 states on that trip . Goal is a game there but health might not allow . I can trade Rockies - have about 5000 . I do have a Bronco signed banner --not sure year -bought off a collector in --------------------------MAINE -----LOL

Members online

Latest posts