Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC - Anyone have anything positive to say in 2021? (2022 UPDATE) (2023 UPDATE)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
That's definitely not it since mrmopar and me are also in the Seattle area and we have been waiting forever for shipments. But once the stuff actually ships I do usually receive it the next day.

Hmm interesting, I will have to return to my bribery theory. Perhaps Gywnn has some nudey pics of JamesfromCOMC (or whatever his name is)

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
Yup, I've heard numerous horror stories about them over the past year. My favorite one is there are numerous cases of cards being deposited into incorrect accounts and then those scumbags have no problem selling cards that they don't even own. And of course we have the inexcusable shipping delays. I'm still waiting for them to get their **** together before requesting my next shipment of 125 or so cards. Now it sounds like they are out of toploaders and many customers on ebay are not happy about that plus having to wait a month to get their card.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
COMC WAS my go-to site for cards for awhile because there are several good deals to be had on there until the shipment delays went from weeks to several months even if you choose priority as your requested shipping method. I think it's ridiculous and there's no excuse for it. The owners of that site have to know that it gets high traffic and has several sellers on there that help generate revenue so they should be able to hire enough employees to fulfill the orders and ship the cards out in a timely manner. I think it's similar to the USPS shipping delays that happened around the holidays and items and packages taking multiple months to reach their destination. There's just no excuse for it.

I was thinking of sending in some items for consignment to sell on there but decided against it and now I'm glad that I did. Sellers on there have to be furious.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
COMC is the Colorado Rockies of the sportscard business world. As long as that cash keeps rolling in, it just doesn't matter if they perform.

New theory: COMC spent $50 mil to trade its best employees to a rival company. That's why they're short staffed to send anything out. :cool:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The ordeal is finally over, sans the 3 cards still in my port. The package arrived today.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I recently bought a card thru EBAY due to the issues they have had on their site shipping..

Order placed on Tue, Apr 6, 2021
Delivered today Mon, Apr 19, 2021

For $4.99 you would think they would ship it in a top loader!!

Last edited:

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I think his name was COMC_James...but doesn't look like he has an account here anymore.

Regarding their toploader buyback "program", I think in addition to crediting your account $0.10/ea, they should offer a shipping voucher for each *** number of toploaders you send them (100, 500, 1000). That would encourage people to send in their gently used toploaders...it would for me.

toadfan106

May 2, 2009
The ordeal is finally over, sans the 3 cards still in my port. The package arrived today.
Glad you finally got your package. I request my shipment mid-november and it still hasnt shipped (and I live in Seattle, so I could literally drive over there). It was supposed to ship in late February (which I was fine with at the time) and I was able to get someone to reply to my initial inquiry that they would look into it in early march when it had not shipped. That was the last I heard from them. I have been sending them daily messages to try to get a reply since and have nothing but crickets. I know they were operating at less than full capacity for a while during the early part of the lockdown, but that has long since passed and my tolerance for the delays and lack of communication is done. I figure that I may never see these cards or the 100 or so that are still sitting in my portfolio. I am giving them until the end of the week and then I am going to involve the WA state consumer affairs commission to hopefully light a fire under their backsides.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
That's outrageous! We ordered a sofa last summer, took 4-5 months to arrive. It was probably being manufactured and held up coming from China. With the business COMC is doing they have to re-invest some of it into their infrastructure, they are not manufacturing these cards. All they have to do is sort and ship.

My last COMC shipment was 2018. Have 50 or so cards waiting to ship. At this point, going to wait until after things settle. I figure, their combined shipping will save me a ton for smaller pickups versus trading/eBay. Filling set needs with SPs for $1-2. Also found a few mid-range cards at great prices.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Glad you finally got your package. I request my shipment mid-november and it still hasnt shipped (and I live in Seattle, so I could literally drive over there). It was supposed to ship in late February (which I was fine with at the time) and I was able to get someone to reply to my initial inquiry that they would look into it in early march when it had not shipped. That was the last I heard from them. I have been sending them daily messages to try to get a reply since and have nothing but crickets. I know they were operating at less than full capacity for a while during the early part of the lockdown, but that has long since passed and my tolerance for the delays and lack of communication is done. I figure that I may never see these cards or the 100 or so that are still sitting in my portfolio. I am giving them until the end of the week and then I am going to involve the WA state consumer affairs commission to hopefully light a fire under their backsides.
I hope that nobody finds themselves in a position where a shipments never arrives. However, the wait without any updates can be brutal. I live in area as well and would have picked them up months ago if that option ever would have been offered.

I truly believe despite their problems, that everything will be shipped out eventually. However, the longer this goes, the more nervous I would be for the delay and in a worst case scenario, maybe they just close up shop out of the blue if things got bad enough. They don't own the cards, the cards belong to members. It's the sellers property until a buyer pays for it. COMC is just a middle man holding tank and shipping center. If they ran into financial woes, how would they return all the cards, pay the rent on where the cards are stored, etc? They are potentially one financial fiasco from making a lot of people extremely angry and those people frustrated over how they might get those cards back. The program is amazing when it is up and running smoothly, but this issue has shown a potential weakness that could wreak havoc if things were to go south.

Almost feels like the cards needs their own sort of FDIC insurance just in case.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Well, I feel better!

In all seriousness, let't not forget that for most of the last year all COMC did was blame covid. They even posted a letter from Jay Inslee, The Governor of the Great State Of Washington, on their website discussing covid regulations etc. as their go-to excuse for their incompetence. But now it's all about growth. We just couldn't keep up with it!

I am sure it was hard for them to keep up. And it's refreshing that, finally, they have at least finally admitted they "dropped the ball". And I do believe that they have hired more people. But their PR spin and shifting excuses is just so emblematic of corporate America.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2009
Absolutely no progress on my five+ emails to them regarding my missing items. Order arrived on 3/6 with 25 cards missing from the package. Not tampered with, just never made it in. The majority of them have increased in price considerably since, their absence forced me to miss the PSA price increase and service suspension since several were part of a pending sub. Several also are not available online anywhere else.

COMC refuses to respond to my emails. I’ve filed a complaint with the state of Washington because I have no clue to as to what else I can do, short of suing them in small claims. After ten years buying and selling on there, I’m especially irritated by this. All of this came after the extortion charges to ship in a one month frame instead of a four-five month eta.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Sorry to hear that. Heck, I set my package aside after i opened the outer package and have not even looked at it yet. Been especially busy this past week+ and was just happy to have it in hand finally. I guess I better make sure the entire lot of cards was in there! I never even considered that some might be missing. Not good.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Oh jeez I've never had a problem with missing cards before but now I guess I'm going to need to spend forever auditing my thousand-card shipment when I receive it to make sure I got them all, so if I didn't I can...email them and never hear anything back.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The guy I talked to a few months back about my upcoming submission said all the call-in operators were working remotely for 5 months at that point and that's the main reason for the lack of responses.

He also said the new building would help tremendously and that they should be back on their game by the end of summer.

He was great with me at least. Hopefully that spreads in the company with the new building up and running...

Members online

Latest posts