Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

set builders .. what's your best set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
That could be possible. I don't recall hearing about it, but I may have missed it. Still, his own company, and yet so few autographs. Hell, he signed 2000 for UD heroes. Maybe that explains it. UD likely paid him fat stacks and he didn't have anyone to pay him for his own set. However, think how popular that set could have been with an attainable Ted Williams auto lurking just a few packs/boxes away!
He signed 406 copies of the 1993 card. Beckett lists the 1994 Auto /54 but TCDB doesn't. I'll try to remember to dig out a 1994 box this weekend and see if it's listed in the pack odds.

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
1987 Topps because its the set the got me in collecting. Another is 2009 OPC baseball. It was cheap no frills, just cards set. Took me 6 years complete it. I felt like an island because when I was looking for trades no one bother with the set.

rikakris

Sep 5, 2009
1995 Sonic Upper Deck Legends - Had to eat a lot of Sonic to finish that set.
2002 Fleer Premium w/ all Short Prints, Sendaways, Checklists
2003 Upper Deck Vintage w/ all SP's, 3-D Sluggers and Update - Crazy hard set with different levels of SP's and an update set that was from a different product.
2005-06 Upper Deck Hockey (1&2) w/ all Young Guns
2015-16 Upper Deck Hockey (1&2) w/ all Young Guns

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
1987 Topps because its the set the got me in collecting. Another is 2009 OPC baseball. It was cheap no frills, just cards set. Took me 6 years complete it. I felt like an island because when I was looking for trades no one bother with the set.

I started working on that OPC set when it came out (got a GU in my first blaster, and those were very hard to find), and I'm still maybe 25 cards short. A few years ago, I was at a show where I found someone selling packs for a quarter a pop. I grabbed them all (a few dozen), and didn't need a single card. There's a few inserts that I have never even seen pictures of as well, such a tough time with a crap set.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
The first set I put together as a kid, was the 1961 Topps set at age 9. Got rid of it eventually, but re-did it. My current best set is the 1951 Bowman set.