Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cardshack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
My opinion has not changed from before. Print defect. It clearly happened during the printing process. Could be unique, could be a handful of copies out there. Certainly a level of collectibility beyond the basic card (because those base cards are basically about as base as a card can get, a Collectors choice subset), but still only catering to a very slim group of collectors. If you think these are going the way of the 1990 Topps Frank Thomas NNOF, I think you are mistaken. The biggest difference between a print defect and a variation in my mind is that enough of them exist to create a special demand. There are tons of miscut, diamond cut, ink splotched, blue dots, yellow streaks, etc. to go around, but very few care. there is a thread at Net54 dedicated to these types of cards. That group is your target.

I suspect most who commented before will not have changed their minds either. The Kirby fan who offered a few bucks may offer a few more if they care about graded cards, but most people do not see the diamonds you see. I have things that I think are amazing that nobody else cares about too.

I have only seen this card once in my entire collecting life. I think it is amazing. It may be the only one to have survived, but I'm pretty sure nobody else cared 2 rips about it beyond what it appears to be, a simple signed Steve Garvey card.

Garvey Weiser F.jpgGarvey Weiser B.jpg

Last edited:

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
OP, let me start by saying I was in the printing industry for two decades. What you look to have is print waste, from either smashed blankets or offset powder piling on the blankets. Whenever the person running the press catches the defects, they stop the press and fix the defect before continuing the run. Sometimes those sheets don’t get pulled from the count but mostly they do and should.

Secondly, you come off sounding like a PSA shill or someone trying to artificially inflate what you have. If you like them and they were fun to collect, just enjoy.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
You'd think that if these were something special, then PSA would denote that on the flip. Maybe an INVEST emoji, and 30 or 40 dollar signs, something more properly befitting the Reddit card-bro crap that this really is.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
So they're so special PSA didn't even note their difference from a regular base card on the flip? Good to know.

1991 Fleer Update PSA10 Front.jpg

Here's my 1991 Fleer Update Super Black Line Jeff Bagwell. It's more special than other Bagwell's like it.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
In a totally unrelated related note, here's a great video explaining how bubble markets are artificially created based on pure BS, by marketeers who artificially create high levels of "value" for things that don't possess anything close to those levels of value. The video is about the collectible video game market, but applies 100% to sports cards.

BTW, I found this video on BO here:

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Hey OP. Where do you see language that a moderator needs to clean up? Where is the "Lots of fouling as in foul mouths."? I see one mention of the word "******". Maybe you had the Night Crew thread open in another tab and just got a little confused?

Oh, and by the way. OP, I'd be happy to buy that Robbie Alomar from you for $5 in cold hard cash!

Last edited:

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
Do the moderators here promote bulling?

I don’t know about the moderators, but you certainly promote bulling.

bulling verb (2)

present participle of bull, slang

Synonyms & Antonyms of bulling (Entry 2 of 2)

to praise or express pride in one's own possessions, qualities, or accomplishments often to excess
no one bought all his bulling about how he had beaten the stock market

Synonyms for bulling

blowing, boasting, bragging, crowing, gasconading, swaggering, vaporing, vaunting

Words Related to bulling
blustering, haranguing, puffing

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
You'd think that if these were something special, then PSA would denote that on the flip. Maybe an INVEST emoji, and 30 or 40 dollar signs, something more properly befitting the Reddit card-bro crap that this really is.
Also the fire emoji, the diamond hand emoji, and the shock mandingo face.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Ha he already deleted everything before I could see his responses but it seems like he was upset about my language. Not sure what else to call somebody that comes around only to pimp a card, acts in a completely condescending and obnoxious manner, then claims bullying when they get pushback. So sorry that the message board does not exist to massage your ego and hype up your silly cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online