Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MrMopar's First* Annual Baseball's Back Contest - No true winner, but dano7 & aanewport are WINNERS of consolation prizes!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Good job guys...and great contest, @mrmopar ! I always enjoy FBC contests...hoping that Lumberjack Bingo gets enough players next year - that one is addictive!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I found myself rooting for the other people in this contest even more than for myself, which made it an extra nice contest to participate in.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I ran this one for about 10 years or so on another site and am sad I didn't think to revive it sooner. I am definitely planning to kick it off next season as well. I am just still not sure if a full season is better or not? It's a lot harder to wait through a full season, that is for sure, but I felt it made the chase more interesting. Always fun to see the surprise breakouts that nobody saw coming and also to see how close some people get to guessing. You never know how a season will play out and even guys like Trout are not sure bets!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
To Mrmopar and cjedmonton,

Thank you both for these contests! I was all set to say let it ride, but the acquisition of Craig Kimbrel I fear will give Matt Barnes an opportunity to catch Liam this month. I respectfully quote Steve Miller and will "take the money and run!"

Good luck wizardofoz1982!
Well this is slightly awkward. aanewport won some cash in the earlier sub-contest, but seems to have last logged on shortly thereafter and has not returned for almost 2 months. Hopefully he'll log back on and see this, to collect his 2nd prize of the game. I'll wait a bit still or if anyone knows of him on any other site and can give him a heads up.

@aanewport - If you see this, send me some players, teams, sports, etc that you collect and once I have a customized prize package, I will then ask for a mailing address to send the prize out.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
To All-Star break and then let folks reset at that time, due to injuries, etc. is another thought.
I like the chance and randomness of picking preseason, never knowing if an off-season or injury will sideline your chances. I feel like a mid-season reset might make it too easy.
I think the full season with the month to month thing was fun
Yes, if @cjedmonton was interested in bringing that part back or even something else as a side gig on this one, I would fully welcome that and happily share the spotlight. His contest creativity is next level!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Making a last call for @aanewport to step up and claim his (sorry if i am assuming wrong) contest prize! I couldn't even surprise him if I wanted to, as i don't have a shipping address.

I need to know a little about your collecting interests and then a mailing address to award the prize.

Last site log on was Aug 14. Hope all is OK and just not a frequent lurker.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
his (sorry if i am assuming wrong)
If my hypothesis is correct, then you are indeed very wrong! AAnewport uses demon pronouns. :ROFLMAO:

What are demon pronouns? Why how thoughtful of you to ask! They are Dem/Demon/Demonself. :unsure: When this full moon cycle ends I bet AAnewport will come back to collect his. . . er.... demonselfs prize.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Well, we have truly expanded the theory that "to each their own". Trying not to be judgemental.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
My philosophy is: if you get upset or offended because I referred to you as "he" or "she", then that's YOUR issue, not mine. I call 'em like I see 'em and I won't change to appease you. (y)

Members online

Latest posts