Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*****THURSDAY MORNING THREAD*****10/7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Morning everyone.
Was a little surprised to see the Padres fire Tingler. They vastly underachieved but that pitching staff had so many injuries they were just outmatched in that division.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
A very tall tractor trailer went through the wrong tunnel in Boston some time before 9:00am today. Now he's stuck between the Sumner tunnel and storrow Drive tunnel coming out of Logan Airport. I'm surprised he didn't take the roof off of the trailer. I wouldn't want to be that driver or the state cops who have to figure out how get the truck out of there. :D

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
A very tall tractor trailer went through the wrong tunnel in Boston some time before 9:00am today. Now he's stuck between the Sumner tunnel and storrow Drive tunnel coming out of Logan Airport. I'm surprised he didn't take the roof off of the trailer. I wouldn't want to be that driver or the state cops who have to figure out how get the truck out of there. :D
Growing up in Pierre, SD, there is a low clearance bridge, on a street that has multiple signs for the height and no trucks allowed. Seems like every couple of months there's a new truck getting stuck underneath the bridge. Some of them look like a can opener opened the roof of the trailer lol. There's even a Facebook page dedicated to the bridge.

Then at work, we have 2 loops for trucks to make on our lot. One is for the van trailers, other is for the grain haulers. We always make sure we tell the van trailers not to make the bigger loop because they will not fit. Last year, in a span of 4 days we had 3 drivers not listen. 2 of the trailers were deemed unloadable after they hit the downspout, so they had to go on their way.

lonesomeagle1a

Sep 29, 2021
Northwest NJ
was fishing nearby lake catching the usual perch and bluegills. then this 2 foot of teeth pickerel showed up. struggled to take a pic and get him off the line.
View attachment 313014
We have some huge monster pickerel on my lake.
My largest was 33" weighed 9.5 pounds

Tomorrow we are doing our annual fall fish stocking
100 10-12" bass
25 12-15" bass
250 yellow perch
Bluegills, crappies and fatheads
Also 150 small channel cats and 500 Golden Shiners

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
almost 40 years dealing with truck drivers . one location 48 foot trailer had hard time --ONCE a 53 got in dock we took many pictures of that . Last job i was learning Arabic to talk to drivers / lots of ASIANS also .

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
A company I used to work for had a metal guardrail in front of the building. A truck driver with a trailer wiped out the guardrail. He said he forgot that he was pulling a trailer. :ROFLMAO:

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
We have some huge monster pickerel on my lake.
My largest was 33" weighed 9.5 pounds

Tomorrow we are doing our annual fall fish stocking
100 10-12" bass
25 12-15" bass
250 yellow perch
Bluegills, crappies and fatheads
Also 150 small channel cats and 500 Golden Shiners
way cool, largest i caught was almost 4lbs. dont want no part of there teeth, prefer the bass.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
Is the post office getting goofy ? A Someone was trying to mail me some cards. The post office says my address doesn't exist. The bills I have get to me no problem. :p

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Afternoon all! Great start to the playoffs. Good games so far. Not rooting for or against any teams this year. Usually like the small market teams being a KC fan.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Afternoon all! Great start to the playoffs. Good games so far. Not rooting for or against any teams this year. Usually like the small market teams being a KC fan.
I really want to see the Rays win it finally.

Members online