Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Therion's All Time Astros Autograph Collection (978 Reached!! 17 To Go!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
It has been a long time since I have had a chance to breathe and update. Since my last update, five new Astros have debuted, so I am back to needing 30.

Pedro Baez
Jake Meyers
Rafael Montero
Jose Siri
Jacob Wilson

I only have two upgrades, but one of them is AWESOME!

First, an upgrade for Tyler Clippard from a Minor League card.

Capture4.JPG
My previous auto.

IMG_3523.jpg
The upgrade.

I assumed I would get this one eventually, but you never know how the short term members feel especially with the cheating scandal.

Now for the EPIC upgrade. I honestly did not consider this a card that needed upgrading, but sometimes great autos show up and I can't pass on them.

Capture3.JPG
The legendary Rusty Staub. I was happy enough with this card, but I've always leaned away from autographs on cards that have facsimile autographs on them. That said, Staub passed away and I was pretty happy with it.

Then a thing of beauty became available and I had to bite.

IMG_3522.jpg

Crazy off-center, but it is a WAY nicer looking card AND dual signed. Who could say no?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Staub! I think I may have that one myself., loved the 67 Topps cards as a kid. I had to have Staub on his 77 Topps though, also a facsimile card, but what a great shot!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Here is the sickness of a team autograph collector. I got a TTM today of a guy I needed that basically everyone else on the planet would just respond with "Ooookay..." when I told them about it.

Thank you all for being the people that high five me over it.

IMG_3597.jpg
Carlos Sanabria

I got this TTM from the Minors. He appeared in a handful of games last year and was traded, so the odds of an Astros card ever being made is basically zero.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Yes, when showing off the most common of the common guys, about the only people who seem to care enough are similar collectors who live that same life. Whoelse cares about a guy who played 1 game, besides maybe his mom and a super collector.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Not a bad week for the collection. One step backwards with the debut of Seth Martinez, but I also had one new addition and two upgrades.

First, the new addition.

IMG_3672.jpg
Nivaldo Rodriguez. He debuted last year and is unlikely to spend any significant amount of time with the team, but Topps made a card which makes my life easier.

Now the two upgrades.

IMG_3671.jpg
Hank Conger upgraded from an 8x10. He holds the distinction for being the worst defensive catcher in Astros history.

Here is the 8x10 it upgraded from.

Capture41.JPG

And finally another guy only I would care about lol

IMG_3673.jpg
Tyler Green on one of my customs obtained TTM. This is an upgrade from an oversized custom postcard.

Capture411.JPG

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Three upgrades since my last post. Two TTM and one private signing. All three on customs because they never had Astros cards made.

IMG_3887.jpg
Pedro Borbon, Jr from a private signing. After his DUI, I wasn't sure he was going to sign ever again. He disappeared for a LONG time after.

IMG_3886.jpg
Eric Bullock TTM. He just started signing TTM, so I took advantage.

IMG_3885.jpg
Tripp Cromer TTM. Another name that popped up as signing TTM, so I took advantage in case he disappears.

EDIT: All three are upgrades from index cards, which are not particularly interesting to show.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Two upgrades since my last update. Both were upgrades from fairly uninteresting index cards.

IMG_3957.jpg
Oscar Zamora. This was an eBay pickup. He supposedly started signing TTM, but I have had no luck in two years. I grabbed one before I regretted it.

IMG_3958.jpg
Ty Waller. This is a Photoshopped picture, but I think I did a pretty good job. Only the "r" looks off. Here is the pic I used for it. Obtained TTM.

106432-24573677Fr.jpg

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Two weeks since my last update and hoping my update will spur some World Series wins. I am in full on baseball depression right now lol

All four are upgrades from index cards, so I won't show the boring index cards lol

IMG_4106.jpg
Jack Billingham. Not particularly rare, but just never found one that looked great. He often signed over the facsimile which I don't particularly like. This one was pretty clean.

IMG_4105.jpg
Terry Clark via Private Signing. This is the first of three PhotoShop jobs today. Not my best work, but I doubt anyone calls me out on it. I put his face on a picture of Mike Scott.

IMG_4103.jpg
Jim Lindeman TTM. I had to chance his uniform and hat from a Phillies picture. You can tell at the hairline, but otherwise not bad.

IMG_4104.jpg
Mark Ross TTM. This required fixing the hat. His jersey actually says Toros, but the angle doesn't make that obvious.

Pretty happy to knock out some guys that have no Astros pictures that exist.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One upgrade since my last post.

IMG_4182.jpg
Blas Minor TTM. No known pictures exist of him with the Astros. This one was just a logo swap on the hat.

Members online