Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Before there was Card Vandals...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Well, maybe not. I don't actually remember when I made these cards (had to be after 1997, when the 1/1 became a thing), but I know I vandalized a few cards as a kid for sure. Sadly, I don't have them anymore.

For this effort, I apparently had a stack of unwanted 1987 Topps cards sitting around and decided to do a little doodling on them. Some were a little clever, others were just me killing time. At no point do I ever claim that these are quality art pieces though!

At the time, I went and marked each one 1/1 on the back and signed them. I then tucked them away in a box and forgot about them. I unearthed them today! With all the craziness on art cards and such, maybe I could sell these!!

IMG_0871.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Last one, then I will hide them away shamefully...or perhaps recycle bin time!!

IMG_0873.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Regarding Franco, no joke. Just random vandalization.

Some of them were just random doodles, whatever popped into my mind at that moment. Those with obvious name-related jokes are pretty apparent, but some were just me being stupid. I have more I didn't share, like a hat, a moustache or some other random doodle or comment bubble. I even defaced a HOFer! GASP! Normally, I would not dare damage a good card, but this was 1987 Topps, after all. Doesn't everyone have 63 mint 1987 George Brett cards in their collection already? That is my attempt at an autograph!

IMG_0874.jpg

Members online

No members online now.