Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 Topps Chrome Silver refractors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
I was able to snag a Griffey for my Topps Chrome refractor run; wound up getting it via trade. I realize though that I have not seen another at auction, ever. Not that I've been around much over the last decade but I have seen a few copies in other collections. Do you guys have a copy of your player, care to show it off?
2003TCSilverRef.jpeg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Not exactly Griffey but I've got these:

03tcsilvref.jpg 03tcsilref.jpg ellis03tcsilvref.jpg lilly03tcsilref.jpg

Plus a Chris Singleton buried in a box that I don't have scanned yet. Since the exchange cards were only in Series 2 I'm only missing two cards for the team set - Eric Byrnes and Keith Foulke. I don't remember the exchange cards being super tough in retail packs (I know I pulled one, can't remember if it was the Ellis or somebody else that I traded long ago) but since they were exchange cards and retail-only and kind of under the radar they don't pop up very often.

BarryBonds762

Feb 9, 2021
BASEBALLCARDPEDIA-

"All 220 Series Two base cards were available in a retail-exclusive Silver Refractor. Unfortunately, all Silver Refractors packed out as redemptions. Each redemption card featured a number on the front which represented the card in the set that one would receive in exchange for mailing in the card. These cards expired May 31st, 2005.
The redemption cards were not returned to the sender once mailed in. While there was no official print run on these, the retail-only redemption distribution made these scarce."

Amazing to me these were redemption's. Wonder why Topps made Silver refractors only for series 2? I have been looking for the Bonds if anyone has one lol. The Lowest serial numbered refractor is the black one and is out of /199. Guessing the silvers are much rarer even though they are not serial numbered. Only one I have is the BJ Upton. IMG_3361 2.JPG

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
The black is the lowest unless you're including the Uncirculated Xfractors where Series 1 were numbered to 50, and Series 2 to 57.

BASEBALLCARDPEDIA-

"All 220 Series Two base cards were available in a retail-exclusive Silver Refractor. Unfortunately, all Silver Refractors packed out as redemptions. Each redemption card featured a number on the front which represented the card in the set that one would receive in exchange for mailing in the card. These cards expired May 31st, 2005.
The redemption cards were not returned to the sender once mailed in. While there was no official print run on these, the retail-only redemption distribution made these scarce."

Amazing to me these were redemption's. Wonder why Topps made Silver refractors only for series 2? I have been looking for the Bonds if anyone has one lol. The Lowest serial numbered refractor is the black one and is out of /199. Guessing the silvers are much rarer even though they are not serial numbered. Only one I have is the BJ Upton.