Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

July 2022 - New Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Some more BKB goodess, but first a lot of these Fleer Posters. I like to grab them at a good price to make sure they don't get cut down into single "blue proofs". Got 5 in their original envelopes from Fleer.Fleer Poster.jpg

Then a few HOFers. Lenny AP Lenny.jpgPettit dupe Pettit.jpg

I got careless and thought this was certified, but those seem to be signed on back, plus they have a Sig Rookies sticker. This is neither, but an overprices TTM/IP. Oh well, his signatures don't seem to be all that cheap, so good for a place holder until I can grab a real one. Debusschere.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Always seem to like the Opening Day auto designs. Correa.jpg

I saw this listed as bid with a BIN as well, but didn't want to take the chance of loss or ending above the BIN price and gave up the roughly $8 savings and hit BIN at $20. Could be a record price for a Campaneris auto for all I know, but it's worth it for me. Campy /5 gold. Love these!! s-l1600.jpg
Hope I don't upset @Dilferules or @Therion with this pair of pick-ups.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Hope I don't upset @Dilferules or @Therion with this pair of pick-ups.

Ha not at all. For autograph sets I tend to stick to the base issue and maybe a parallel or two if I really happen to like it. The golds from this set aren't really on my radar. Nice card, though!

I've been slacking off and not scanning every day lately.

071622-1.jpg
Tejada is added to my collection of Leaf Certified Mirrors - I think I still need a couple more for the 2004 Mirror Gold Fabric team set. Mulder is my second addition from "2021" Topps Chrome Platinum. The cards from that set still seem in kind of short supply. Then a couple of Mark Canhas, a 2015 Update Snow Camo RC 10/99 and a 2021 '86 Black auto 137/199.

071622-2.jpg
The Sean Murphy Top 100 Gold Refractor is from 2021. I didn't realize I was still missing a couple of Braves issues to complete my Tim Hudson Topps Black run - just need one after picking up this 2011 50/60. And a Mitch Moreland A's auto/jersey from Panini.

071622-3.jpg
Lastly, 4 excellent Huston Street cards.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
An expired (unused) redeption for a 1995 UD Reggie Jackson auto. This was a 5 card set and completed it back in the day. I think this may be the 2nd or 3rd redemption I have found too. Would be cool to have the 5 card set and the 5 redemption cards eventually, if they were all redemptions. Set was Mays, F. Robinson, Jackson, Clemens and Mondesi. Jackson Redemption.jpg

These are quite scarce and one popped up CHEAP, so I had to grab it. Would prefer a bigger star (like Walt Frazier), but for the $, I can't complain. Issel RC.jpg

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Latest arrivals for my Topps era HOF pitcher project.

1954 Warren Spahn
1975 Nolan Ryan
1976 Bert Blyleven

442-EFE1-A-3347-486-A-A14-A-02-C26-F1892-C7.jpg

The Spahn arrived cracked on the right side, which bums me right out. Working with the seller. Reholdering it is a big hassle, so have to decide if I want to live with it. It is a beautiful 5, though.

Current Progress: 32/40 (80% complete)

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
2016 Topps Heritage #177 Gary Sanchez/Mondesi Error SP -- Another Heritage Yankees team set year completed after landing this error card. Puts me within 3-4 key cards of completing the Yankees 2001-2017 run. Need to turn my focus on newer sets now, missing most from newer sets.

s-l1600.jpg

2016 Altoona Curve Stadium Give Away Daniel Tiger Figurine /1000 -- Another Altoona Curve item, more so for my son who loves this show on PBS. For those without young kids, it is essentially a Mister Rogers spin-off. A unique promotion since Fred Rogers has ties to the local area. I don't think many other teams have done Mister Rogers Nights out side of the Pittsburgh region.

s-l1600.jpg

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
2003 Ultimate Collection #169 Hideki Matsui Autograph Rookie Card /250 -- A hot card once, prices have finally fallen in to my stratosphere after 20 years. Very happy to land one. As an autograph collector, I was more focused on finding a clean auto without any bubbling and care less about the small surface indent on the back. He has a ton of newer autos, which have helped bring his prices down across the board with his autographs, even the key ones.

PXL_20220720_212026832.jpg

My Matsui collection at present; some Mirrors, Japanese rookies and my favorite of the bunch the 2003 Topps Kanebo. His only Topps rookie issue from 2003, only found in Japan. Would like to eventually track down the LCM Gold, Tomy, Calbee and Takara at fair prices.

PXL_20220720_225703226.jpgPXL_20220720_2256315800crop.jpg

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Continuing my all-star mailday from the Dodger thread, here are the non-=Dodgers.

Berra.jpgSparky.jpgArod.jpgs-l1600-3.jpgBench.jpgPalmer.jpgs-l1600-5.jpg. This Ozzie is the foil/10

Last, but not least (unless compared to everything here) is a 2009 Mariners Xmas card. I saved a few of these from the recycle back when my company was a vendor at Safeco Field between around 2000-2006. Wish I could have acquired more, but we lost the account eventually and they stopped sending us cards! Imagine that? They are pretty neat. Not as cool as Dodger Xmas cards, but wouldn't mind a complete run of those that had player/staff images on them. this is signed by a couple staffers, not sure who they were (Gregg Greene and one that is not readable, but initials appear to be K.M. The ones I got originally were sent from Engineering staff.

Ms Xmas Card.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
My family and I went on vacation to St. Louis last week and I ended up with a really nice mail day Monday when I got home to open everything.

2001 Johnson City Cardinals Team Sets - I just took a pic of the Yadis but I got 11 of the team sets /1,000 with their certificates. The set also includes Rick Ankiel, Joe Mather, and a bunch of guys even I hadn't heard of as a Cardinals prospect nut.
2001 JC Cardinals Yadi.jpg

2001 Appalachian League Top Prospects Sets - Snagged two of these. The big names are Yadi and Joe Mauer but it's a really nice set of early 2000s guys.
2001 Appy League Top Prospects.jpg

2003 Grandstand Tennessee Smokies Team Set - Joe Mather, Rick Ankiel, Skip Schumaker, and Dan Haren all make appearances here as well.
2003 TN Smokies Yadi.jpg

2003 Southern League Top Prospects - This set is loaded. Adam Wainwright, Yadier Molina, and Miguel Cabrera are the biggies for me but Dontrelle Willis, J.J. Hardy, Khalil Greene, Dan Haren, Adam LaRoche, and Edwin Jackson all make appearances.
2003 SL TPs Yadi.jpg 2003 SL TPs Waino.jpg 2003 SL TPs Miggy.jpg

It's me so of course there was some fun 90s stuff too
90s Dufex lot.jpgHitting Machines lot.jpg90s Inserts 2.jpg

Got to have a couple autos of Cardinals right fielders too
Carlson and Drew.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
072022-1.jpg 072022-2.jpg
2021 Mosaic Black Prizm Trent Dilfer 1/1, my first 1/1 from this set (there are three of them). Looks pretty neat with the team colors.

072022-3.jpg
A nice Elite Mulder patch 02/25. The Stew magazine cards are because I've started to catalog some of my collection on tcdb so along the way I'll see some stuff that wasn't on my radar because it wasn't on Beckett's lists, like magazine cards or minor variations (1991 Topps dark 50th logo, Donruss team set backs/fronts, etc.). I don't need to have everything for my A's collection but for some of the guys I do try to get all of their A's stuff that came out during their playing careers.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Got this great magazine sheet, probably from one of those Dynamite magazines from the 1970s/80s. This may be one of the most loaded sheets of 6 I have seen. I could have snuck this in as a Dodger item, with Oliver in the corner, but that is mostly for autographs.

Oliver Sheet.jpg

This is how it was shipped though. I really can't believe people still pull this crap. Thankfully the USPS was kind and this arrived undamaged, but it's taped into a manila file folder with tissue paper, inside of a standard document mailer. the do not bend/handle with care stickers are present, like this matters one bit. It would not have taken much for this item to be destroyed! USE YOUR BRAIN PEOPLE!

IMG_0926.jpg

Well, upon closer inspection, there is creasing across the Aaron/Oliver cards and a weird snake-like, "S" crease from Torre to Seaver. I suspect they were there and just not easy to see or visible in the scan. GRRRRR!

Last edited:

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
072422-1.jpg
This will probably be my favorite pickup for the year, it's really rare that a Trent Dilfer card from his playing career pops up that I don't have. This one is a 2001 Absolute Memorabilia Spectrum 05/10. I can't remember if I ever saw one of these for sale when the set first came out and I was a broke college student, but I know I haven't seen one in 15+ years for sure.

072422-2.jpg
The Christenson Starting 9 was from a guy that was selling a bunch of them in a FB group (the guy with the huge lot of them on eBay breaking them up). There were a couple of A's but this was the only one at a price I liked. Zito is out of 2022 Topps Series 2.

072422-3.jpg
And I continue to work on the 2021 Topps Chrome Platinum auto set. The lower-end cards have definitely gotten more affordable. Still can't find many Refractor/199 autos, which I'd also like to grab.