Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Not cards, but fun things to share. At my LCS, he had three bins full of stuff left behind at his door this morning. There was a note, essentially saying, "You can deal with this stuff." I helped sort through them. Mostly a lot of media guides, Badger football yearbooks, oddball cards, some beat up SLUs, and other stuff. Since he got it for free, and I help him did through other boxes of junk and help him find the gold nuggets (once, helping him go through a box that somehow had a bunch of Syracuse basketball and football cards. A ton of junk until I found a Jim Boehiem autographed card. That was a nice find.)

Anyway, since he got all this for free, he wasn't worried about getting something out of me for helping dig through them. So I came away with these...

img20220609_18041258.jpgimg20220609_18025799.jpgimg20220609_18081729.jpg

1953 Baseball preview with young Mickey Mantle on the cover; 1977 Dodgers yearbook, Tommy Lasorda's first year as manager; 1981 All Star Game program. The Red Foley stickers are inside--mostly. Some American League stars are missing, but all the National Leagers are there.

He had another box of a crap ton of loose cards. Inexplicable assortment of stuff. There was a small batch of 81-82 basketball that included 3 Magics, 3 Kareems, 2 Dr. J's and one Larry Bird, among other stars of the day. Nice shape for their year, nothing gradeable. I may pick up a Dr. and a Magic from him, just because they are so pretty.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Not cards, but fun things to share. At my LCS, he had three bins full of stuff left behind at his door this morning. There was a note, essentially saying, "You can deal with this stuff." I helped sort through them. Mostly a lot of media guides, Badger football yearbooks, oddball cards, some beat up SLUs, and other stuff. Since he got it for free, and I help him did through other boxes of junk and help him find the gold nuggets (once, helping him go through a box that somehow had a bunch of Syracuse basketball and football cards. A ton of junk until I found a Jim Boehiem autographed card. That was a nice find.)

Anyway, since he got all this for free, he wasn't worried about getting something out of me for helping dig through them. So I came away with these...

View attachment 339419View attachment 339420View attachment 339421

1953 Baseball preview with young Mickey Mantle on the cover; 1977 Dodgers yearbook, Tommy Lasorda's first year as manager; 1981 All Star Game program. The Red Foley stickers are inside--mostly. Some American League stars are missing, but all the National Leagers are there.

He had another box of a crap ton of loose cards. Inexplicable assortment of stuff. There was a small batch of 81-82 basketball that included 3 Magics, 3 Kareems, 2 Dr. J's and one Larry Bird, among other stars of the day. Nice shape for their year, nothing gradeable. I may pick up a Dr. and a Magic from him, just because they are so pretty.
Nice additions and a great trip down memory lane going through all that, I bet!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010

View attachment 339419View attachment 339420View attachment 339421

I was going to ask if the insert sheets were in the AS Program. You know they are not stickers, or Red Foley though, right? The Foley stickers come in a stand alone book.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Those are some of the best, signed vintage 50s cards (and older). I have that Own as well. If I could only keep one type of card, it would be signed vintage.

Members online