Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Panini Redemptions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
Just checking in with everyone here, anyone else have outstanding Panini Redemptions still waiting to be filled/replaced?

I still have two outstanding redemptions left, but alas, nothing.

2019 National Treasures Ichiro Shadowbox Signatures /5
Opened: 10/14/19

2020 Diamond Kings Frank Thomas DK 206 Signature Holo Silver /99
Opened: 4/1/21

I did finally receive my 2020 Optic Frank Thomas Fireworks Signature Holo (which is a sticker. So I am curious as to how the DK 206 Thomas hasn't been filled. I assume they ran out of stickers and are awaiting more.) Both Ichiro and Thomas have appeared in newer Panini products but nearly 3 years on the National Treasures is getting a bit tough to swallow. I have requested replacements on both after the 120 days with no updates by Panini.

Anyone else still waiting eons for their redemptions?

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I had a couple from leather and lumber I was waiting on for over a year, probably close to two years, when they magically got fulfilled last year. I wasn't going to bother with replacements as they were for my Wakefield PC, but the same scenario he was in several Panini releases after leather and lumber and every time I saw a new one come out I got more and more irritated.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
They suck like the rest of the redemption jackasses! Still waiting on 3 that are coming up on 2, possibly 3 years now. i don't remember it;s been so long.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
Nearly 2.5 years later, I have received 1 of my outstanding redemptions and it isn't a replacement!

2019 National Treasures Ichiro Suzuki Shadowbox Signatures Game Used Autograph # 4/5

Nice card! Wonder what the value is.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
Update: The Frank Thomas is still awaiting fulfillment. It has now been a year and 3 months since I initiated the order. I have seen one live on Ebay too, which is funny. On a brighter note, Topps has just send me tracking for a card I had pending with them! Should arrive next Tuesday. I will post updates when/if it arrives and what I actually get. I didn't request a replacement but you never know. Cross your fingers for a nice patch! No napkins!
Inception BaseballAutographed Jumbo Patch Card Vladimir Guerrero Jr.Pending

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I wish someone would sue these companies for unfulfilled redemptions...it's just not right to sell something you can't deliver (pretty sure it's illegal, too).

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am at least 1-2 years out on Garvey redemptions. The guy signs everything! I agree with Letch77, this is a class action suit waiting to happen across the hobby, except several of the offenders have already worked themselves out of business too. Redemption trade cards and codes for something you don't have yet, but expect to get are BS and need to end. HISTORY SHOWS WE CAN'T TRUST THESE COMPANIES TO DELIVERY CONSISTENTLY.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
I wish someone would sue these companies for unfulfilled redemptions...it's just not right to sell something you can't deliver (pretty sure it's illegal, too).
I believe that's been tried in the courts before, fairly recently someone took Panini to court over this but I think it's looked at as the same as gambling, the company doesn't owe or guarantee you the actual card on the redemption. They can replace it with whatever they seem fit, unless it's expired, then you're sol. Here is a link to the article. https://goldcardauctions.com/panini-redemptions-cards/

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
This December it will be 3 years. I asked for a replacement 2 years ago but still nothing.....
CARD#
PRODUCT
PLAYER
TEAM.
POS.
REQUEST REPLACEMENT IN
ACQUISITION / CASE BREAK
2019 Panini Diamond Kings
DK Signatures
Redemption Code :
D3DNKFB7H6B #26(/ )
Jonathan Loaisiga
New York Yankees
P
Replacement

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
What I think is even worse is expired redemptions in unopened boxes. If you want to open anything over 2 years old now, you run that risk of getting an expired redemption as a hit and then it's worthless. Imo, like food that expires, anything with an expiration date should be pulled from the shelves when the redemption expirations come up. I don't understand how boxes with expired redemptions from 2012 still go for hundreds of dollars. I watched someone go "Bryce Hunter" auto rc hunting yesterday and they pulled an expired topps sepia auto redemption, huge card, completely worthless. Shouldn't be on the shelves anymore.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
What I think is even worse is expired redemptions in unopened boxes. If you want to open anything over 2 years old now, you run that risk of getting an expired redemption as a hit and then it's worthless. Imo, like food that expires, anything with an expiration date should be pulled from the shelves when the redemption expirations come up. I don't understand how boxes with expired redemptions from 2012 still go for hundreds of dollars. I watched someone go "Bryce Hunter" auto rc hunting yesterday and they pulled an expired topps sepia auto redemption, huge card, completely worthless. Shouldn't be on the shelves anymore.
I saw that video.. such a shame. though I pulled a auto that was expired 2 years and Panini stepped up and honored it.
MACHADO, MANNY 3.jpg

Ct Sox Fan

Aug 20, 2008
Connecticut
I have a redemption for 2018 Panini Immaculate Collection - Carbon Material Signatures - Andrew Benintendi #'d/25 that has been pending since Sept 9, 2018. Coming up on 4 years. I have emailed, followed up through their site and still nothing. I actually got through on the phone to a rep about 6 months ago and she indicated she would escalate to a supervisor. Still waiting on a response to that. As a Red Sox fan, it has been so long the player is now on the Yankees. :rolleyes: I asked for a replacement through the site on 11/3/20, but like all my other requests, no response. Very sad.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
4 years for a Benintendi auto.... good god.... He has a lot of Immaculate autos out there, crazy to think they can't fill that specific card. I am guessing they passed over it.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
Just got my Inception Vlad in from Topps redemptions, turn around was about 3 and 1/2 months. Still waiting on the Frank Thomas sticker auto from Panini.

Attachments

• VladPatch1.jpg
    VladPatch1.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 2